Dallas, TX (PRWEB) March 03, 2015
The report “Technology Investment Priorities in Asian Mining, 2015” is based on a survey of 115 senior managers and decision makers at 100 operating Asian mines, responsible for the purchase of plant, equipment and consumables. Survey respondents came from seven different countries: India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Pakistan, Vietnam, Mongolia and Thailand. This included six different commodity groups and a range of surface and underground mining operations. Respondents were asked to outline their current and future intentions for technology investments across 12 areas, which included mine design, mine survey equipment, scheduling and optimization, equipment health monitoring and machine automation. The report outlines the drivers for these investments and outlines safety, productivity and cost cutting needs as influential in decision making. Complete report is available @ http://marketreportsstore.com/technology-investment-priorities-in-asian-mining-2015/ .
Areas of analysis include: Mining companies’ priorities for investments in the coming two years, across 12 mine-site technologies. These include machine automation, mine design software, environmental monitoring, mine survey equipment and fleet management to name a few, with separate analyses for mine management technologies and vehicle-related technologies; Comparisons of investment intentions across segments, including commodities produced, mine type and size of company, as measured by global annual revenues; Regional comparisons highlighting differences between current and prospective investments across India, Indonesia and the Philippines; Specific insight into the potential for autonomous vehicles and expectations for investment over the next 10 years.
Overall trends in the data revealed:
- The primary technologies in which respondents plan to increase investments are mine management software for scheduling/optimization, mine survey equipment, equipment health monitoring and mine design and modelling software.
- 60% or more of mines have already invested in mine management related software and technologies.
- Technologies with the lowest site presence are real time video training and remote control equipment/machine automation.
- Investment in Environmental monitoring adn emissions management technology is set to increase significantly in the coal sector and in Indonesia.
- Only a small percentage (6%) currently use autonomous vehicles and an even smaller (2%) number of respondents are planning to implement autonomous vehicles on site in the coming two years.
- Indian mines have a higher rate of planned investments into vehicle-related technologies in comparison to other African nations.
- Safety is the number one driver of technology investments. No matter in which way the data is organized, safety continually drives the need to invest in technology.
Order a Purchase copy of this report @ http://marketreportsstore.com/purchase?rname=30813. (This is a premium report priced at US$2495 for a single user License.)
- The top two areas for future technology investment are mine management software (scheduling/optimization) and mine survey equipment. These areas are parts of a broader group of technologies that are considered advanced mine site technologies and support digital mining.
- Indian mines already consider their investments sufficient in the key technologies (22-53% for various vehicle technologies and 36-56% for various mine management technologies), meaning the best opportunities for future spend are in markets such as Indonesia and the Philippines.
- Coal and base metals were the commodity sectors with the highest share of respondents considering additional investments in the next two years.
- Only a small percentage of respondents have autonomous vehicles currently active on site (6%), with an even smaller percentage (2%) considering implementing the technology in the coming 2 years. A large proportion, 48%, do not expect to autonomous vehicles at their mines in the foreseeable future.
Reasons to buy
- Understand what factors most influence technology investment, and how this varies by company size and type.
- Target the segments with the greatest opportunity for your technology products and services, based on mine type, region, company size and commodity.
- Segment the market according to those fully invested, those partially invested and those not considering investment in each technology.
Explore more reports on Mining @ http://marketreportsstore.com/category/mining/.
Market Reports Store is your one-stop online shop for syndicated industry research reports on 25+ categories and their sub-sectors. We bring to you to the latest in market research across multiple industries and geographies from leading research publishers across the globe. Contact us (sales(at)marketreportsstore(dot)com / + 1 888 391 5441) for any of your research requirements or topics of interest.