Most homeowners aren’t aware that over 20 million people are allergic to a tiny, microscopic pest called a dust mite or that dander from rodents and shed skins from cockroaches can exacerbate symptoms.
ATLANTA (PRWEB) May 09, 2019
As the warm weather rolls in, many homeowners will find themselves dealing with unpleasant allergy symptoms such as runny noses and itchy eyes. What remains a little known fact by homeowners is that pests like cockroaches, dust mites and rodents could also be behind their allergy symptoms. May is Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month and Bug Busters USA in partnership with the National Pest Management Association, is sharing tips that can help keep homeowners from sneezing their way through spring.
“Most homeowners aren’t aware that over 20 million people are allergic to a tiny, microscopic pest called a dust mite or that dander from rodents and shed skins from cockroaches can exacerbate symptoms,” said Court Parker, COO at Bug Busters USA, Inc. “Luckily, pest-proofing your home to reduce exposure to allergens can be done in a few simple steps.”
With help from the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), Bug Busters USA shares a few best practices to keep out spring pests known to cause allergies:
- Seal cracks and crevices around the home with caulk, steel wool, or both, paying attention to areas where utilities and pipes enter the structure.
- Keep basements and attics clear, storing boxes off of the floor.
- Eliminate moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
- Keep food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Wash blankets, throw rugs and bedding in hot water, preferably at 130 degrees F, or take them to be dry-cleaned.
- Vacuum and dust frequently.
- Maintain a clean kitchen, free of crumbs and spills.
- Keep pet food sealed in a tight container and wash food bowls.
“These tips are just a few ways to help prevent pest allergens, but properly removing these pests is the best way to keep any issues from arising in the future,” added Parker. “If you find yourself dealing with a pest infestation in your home, it is recommended that you work with a qualified pest professional.”
For more information about pest allergens or if you need assistance with an infestation, visit http://www.BugBustersUSA.com.
About Bug Busters USA, Inc.
Bug Busters has been family owned and operated since 1984 and is committed to providing top-notch residential and commercial pest control services in the Southeast. While offering the most effective pest control services available, Bug Busters is dedicated to doing so with respect for the environment. The company focuses on the control, removal and monitoring of all types of crawling and flying pests including mosquitoes, rodents, bed bugs, termites, spiders and more. Bug Busters stresses the importance of knowing customers personally and offering thorough and tailored service with a vow to excellence in the products and services that it provides.