London, UK (PRWEB UK) 12 February 2014
The presentation will be featured in a session covering Assessing Treatments to Prevent Exacerbations. Highlights from the keynote address entitled: Developments in anti-inflammatory therapies to prevent exacerbations in asthma and COPD, include:
- Ensuring better disease control by blocking inflammation
- Review of mAbs being developed to treat severe asthma and COPD
- Translational challenges and approaches in asthma and COPD drug development
The conference brochure is available to download at http://www.asthma-copd.co.uk.
Asthma & COPD 2014 will aim to bring together respiratory professionals looking to develop inhaled products and enhance clinical design. The conference in April will allow delegates to gain valuable insights into combination therapies, biomarkers in different pulmonary indications (which will include a look into the ECLIPSE and U-BIOPRED studies), clinical trial design, new solutions, regulatory requirements, market access, and assessing treatments
Anthony De Souza, Clinical Senior Lecturer from the University of Nottingham who will also be speaking at the event commented:
“The upcoming Asthma and COPD conference will bring together global leaders from academia, clinical and pharma backgrounds to discuss the cutting edge of discovery and implementation of new drugs in these clinical arenas. Experts from all walks of life will be able to hear on the latest news and how to overcome hurdles in regulatory, development and commercialization of Respiratory therapeutics and what opportunities and challenges exist in the field.”
Other Key Speakers will include:
- Noel Snell, Director of Research, British Lung Foundation
- Jorgen Vestbo, Professor of Respiratory Medicine, University of Southern Denmark
- Christine Ward, Principal Scientist, Translational Medicine-RIA, MedImmune
- Chris Compton, VP & Global Programme Head, Respiratory Development Novartis
- Dr Nithyanandan Nagercoil, Senior Medical Assessor, MHRA
- Fan Chung, Professor of Respiratory Medicine and Head of Experimental Studies Medicine, National Heart & Lung Institute
- Matthew Catley, Team Leader RIA, AstraZeneca
For further information and for those who are interested in attending there is currently an early bird £200 discount available online which expires on 28th February at http://www.asthma-copd.co.uk.
About SMi Group
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.
We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world including London, Paris and Singapore and to date have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.
More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk.