MILL VALLEY, Calif. (PRWEB) September 17, 2019
Auberge Resorts Collection, a portfolio of one-of-a-kind hotels with award-winning restaurants, is enchanting food lovers with new interactive culinary pairings that are as unique as they are delightful. Inspired by its legacy of culinary excellence and creativity, Auberge invites guests to savor a Fijian Seafood Safari, learn to craft a Cabo Kombucha cocktail, create an ocean-fresh Anguillan ceviche, or enjoy a slice of Americana with an orchard-to-pie outing in New England.
“We are excited to introduce our guests to new ways to discover a favorite dish or experience a traditional taste in an inventive new way,” said Mike Minchin, Chief Marketing Officer, Auberge Resorts Collection. “We want to spark curiosity and intrigue for each Auberge destination; these culinary pairings capture the distinctive flavor of local ingredients and enrich beloved traditions.”
New Auberge Inspired Culinary Pairings include:
- Cabo San Lucas – Cabo Kombucha Cocktails – At Esperanza, the dramatic coastal escape perched on the bluffs of Punta Ballena in Cabo San Lucas, guests can sway to fast-paced cha-cha music accompanying an inventive cocktail experience. The resort’s acclaimed mixologists will guide guests on how to prepare a unique signature Kombucha cocktail, prepared with a variety of flavors of local Kombucha, Damiana liquor and one of the hundreds of tequilas or mezcals in Esperanza’s extensive collection. Guests can enjoy a freshly shaken cocktail over brunch for a tasty probiotic twist. Tienes sed?
- Fiji – Food Safari – Guests of Nanuku will explore a bustling local market, where crates are piled high with jelly-like longan, super-sweet rose apples, spiny rambutan, fresh taro and juicy coconuts. A Nanuku I-tokani (buddy) will advise guests on how to choose the best, most flavorful Fijian fruits and vegetables, and will then escort them to a local farm to learn how the produce is grown and harvested. Back at Nanuku, chef-warriors, joined by the guests, prepare a traditional Fijian meal with the day’s bounty, weaving coconut fronds around fish, meats and vegetables, or grinding fresh spices with a mortar and pestle. To conclude, a delectable private feast awaits guests, lit by a warming bonfire.
- Telluride – Gold Rush S’mores – There’s an enchanted mood that descends over Madeline Hotel & Residences, the world-class alpine resort in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, as the nightly bonfire is lit. After a day of active play in the great outdoors, guests gather around the fire roasting s’mores dipped in gold flakes, a sweet homage to Telluride’s past as a Gold Rush destination. These “Gold Rush S’mores” are presented to guests with a shot of golden-hued local whiskey.
- Connecticut – As American as Apple Pie – At Mayflower Inn & Spa, guests will enjoy a slice of quintessential Americana with a true taste of fall: apple pie topped the New England way, with a slice of sharp cheddar cheese. The journey through the rolling hills of Litchfield county begins with a hearty picnic lunch on scenic farmland before apple-picking at a nearby orchard. Next, guests will visit award-winning Arethusa Farms to taste fresh local cheese and select their favorite cheddar. The pastoral day includes a tour and tasting at Litchfield Distillery to taste the region’s best local bourbons. Upon return to Mayflower, the pastry chef will set to work creating a custom fresh apple pie, topped with a slice of cheddar cheese and an extra-special scoop of slow-churned vanilla and bourbon ice cream.
- Anguilla – Beach Ceviche Class –There’s a secluded white sand beach, accessible only from Malliouhana, the glamourous resort on the Caribbean island of Anguilla. Backed by steep cliffs and opening onto serene crystal-clear turquoise waters, the private sun-kissed sanctuary is the unique setting for a one-of-a-kind culinary workshop. Mere steps from the water, guests will learn how to transform fresh-caught local seafood, including conch, crayfish and sea urchin, into vibrant ceviches infused with Anguilla’s Pyrat rum. Guests then feast on the fruits of their labor with a delectable picnic spread right on the beach. Instead of regular plantain or yuca chips, the ceviche is paired alongside the unusual, but delectable crispy curried goat jerky – a staple in Caribbean cuisine.
- Napa Valley – Row, Row, Roe – Guests of Auberge du Soleil can experience the serenity of a morning kayak trip along the Napa River, discovering protected wetlands where saltwater and freshwater meet. The beauty of the landscape can be seen in a variety of native waterfowl and migratory shorebirds, as well as local wildlife that inhabit the region such as osprey, herons and river otters. Then guests can explore numerous lush rows of estate vines with a guided vineyard walk at Amizetta Winery, which concludes with a private tasting and lunch. Guests finish the day at Auberge du Soleil with a final “roe” experience – a tasting of three types of roe perfectly paired with premium vodka selections representing Italy, France and California.
One-of-a-kind Inspired Culinary Pairings are available at all Auberge resorts. To learn more or to book, please visit, https://aubergeresorts.com/culinary-getaways/. All offers are based on availability and terms and conditions apply.
In addition , Auberge Resorts Collection’s award-winning Napa Valley properties, Calistoga Ranch, Solage and Auberge du Soleil have partnered with Food & Wine magazine to host the first-ever Best New Chefs Reunion Weekend November 14 - November 17, 2019. The world-class, first-of-its-kind epicurean event will be filled with innovative cuisine and incredible wines from the award-winning chefs and vintners in northern California. The culinary weekend will be hosted by Food & Wine Editor-in-Chief Hunter Lewis and Executive Wine Editor Ray Isle, and Auberge’s Napa Valley properties provide astounding backdrops for the exclusive winemaker dinners, curated lunches and interactive cooking demonstrations that make up the culinary weekend. Availability for all events are limited and requires tickets to be purchased in advance here.
About Auberge Resorts Collection
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. For more information about Auberge Resorts Collection, please visit aubergeresorts.com. Follow Auberge Resorts Collection on Facebook at facebook.com/AubergeResorts and on Twitter and Instagram at @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
About The Friedkin Group
The Friedkin Group is a privately-held consortium of automotive, hospitality, entertainment, golf and adventure companies. These organizations include: Gulf States Toyota, GSFSGroup, GSM, US AutoLogistics, Ascent Automotive Group, Auberge Resorts Collection, Imperative Entertainment, 30WEST, NEON, Diamond Creek Golf Club, Congaree and Legendary Expeditions. The Friedkin Group is led by Chairman and CEO Dan Friedkin. For more information, visit http://www.friedkin.com.