After attending our free, two-day Audio Tech Fest, registrants will have made a huge leap forward in building their music business careers. They’ll be learning from the pros, increasing their knowledge, and making valuable connections.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) May 05, 2014
SAE Institute San Francisco will present its first Audio Tech Festival on Friday, May 16 and Saturday, May 17. The San Francisco Audio Tech Fest will offer seminars, panels, vendor demos, and raffles for aspiring audio engineers, producers, and creative media professionals. Admission to the Fest is free with online registration.
“Our Audio Tech Fest will be the place to be for anyone who lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and wants to jump start his or her music business career,” says SAE San Francisco Campus Director Kirk Engel. “The learning, networking, and relationship-building opportunities will be massive, and registrants will also get chances to win really cool stuff and check out the latest new gear from top manufacturers.”
Twenty events and panels are scheduled that will feature topics of interest to those who are pursuing careers as producers, DJs, engineers, and music business professionals, including:
- “Game Audio/Sound Design”, featuring Jonathan Mayer (Playstation)
- “Social Media: Behind the Scenes of BandPage”, featuring Chris Wiltsee (BandPage.com)
- “Crafting Your Own Sound”, featuring Focus (producer of Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez, Beyoncé, 50 Cent) and Willie B (producer of Freddie Gibbs, Wale, Childish Gambino, Busta Rhymes)
- “The Role of a DJ: Then and Now”, featuring Teeko (critically acclaimed turntablist), QBert (DMC world champion scratch DJ), and executives from Soulection
- “The World of Music Licensing”, featuring Todd Porter (Goodby Silverstein & Partners ad agency)
- ”Celebrity Beat Cypher”, featuring I-Standard Producers (producer networking site), Willie B, and Focus
A variety of vendors will be offering interactive product demos, presentations, and learning sessions - including Ableton Live, Native Instruments, Sennheiser/Neumann, The Recording Academy, ASCAP, Famehouse, Red Bull, and many more. Exclusive Audio Tech Fest evening events will be held at top San Francisco nightspots.
“After attending our free, two-day Audio Tech Fest, registrants will have made a huge leap forward in building their music business careers,” says Engel. “They’ll be learning from the pros, increasing their knowledge, making connections, and gaining a well-rounded perspective of the many facets of both the creative and business side of music.”
The San Francisco Audio Tech Festival will be held at SAE Institute’s San Francisco campus at 450 Bryant Street, #100 on Friday, May 16 and Saturday, May 17. Entry is free and open to the public. To register, sign up online or call SAE San Francisco at (415) 344-0886 for more information.