ARLINGTON, Va. (PRWEB) October 27, 2022
AuntMinnie.com, a media property of Science and Medicine Group, has announced the winners of the 2022 edition of the Minnies. Now in its 23rd year, these awards give medical imaging specialists an opportunity to recognize the contributions of their peers who they consider the best professionals in medical imaging.
Each year, Minnies’ candidates are nominated by members of AuntMinnie.com. The nominations are then reviewed by a panel of radiology experts and winners are determined in each category after two rounds of voting. The Minnies cover a total of 15 categories in radiology, and 2022 saw more than 200 nominations across all categories.
The 15 categories and their respective winners for 2022 are:
- Most Influential Radiology Researcher: Dr. Martin Pomper, PhD
- Most Effective Radiology Educator: Dr. Christine Menias
- Most Effective Radiologic Sciences Educator: Kristi Moore, PhD
- Most Effective Radiology Administrator/Manager: Gina Greenwood
- Best Radiologist Training Program: The University of Pennsylvania
- Best Radiologic Sciences Training Program: Thomas Jefferson University
- Most Significant News Event in Radiology: Shortage of contrast
- Biggest Threat to Radiology: Burnout of physicians
- Hottest Clinical Procedure: Photon-counting CT
- Scientific Paper of the Year: Mandating Limits on Workload, Duty, and Speed in Radiology. Alexander R, Waite S, et al, Radiology, June 14
- Best New Radiology Device: Naeotom Alpha, Siemens Healthineers
- Best New Radiology Software: AI Operating System, Aidoc
- Best New Radiology Vendor: Annalise.ai
- Best Educational Mobile App: RadDiscord, a server on Discord
- Best Radiology Image: Photon-counting CT image of coronal 3-mm maximum intensity projection of a cerebrospinal fluid venous fistula
“The Minnies are special because the winners are nominated by their peers and then selected by an expert panel. It’s always an honor to be recognized as the best, but when that nomination comes from those that truly appreciate your work and really understand the impact of your contributions, it’s even more meaningful. AuntMinnie.com is proud to have been a part of this for so many years, and we look forward to many more," says Barry Lovette, General Manager, Media at Science and Medicine Group.
Congratulations to all of those that have been recognized as a part of this year’s Minnies. You can learn more about each winner, and see the runner-up in each category, by clicking here and signing up for a free AuntMinnie.com account.
AuntMinnie.com is the premier online destination for radiologists, radiation therapists, interventional radiologists, and related professionals in the medical imaging industry. Similarly, AuntMinnieEurope.com serves the European radiology community. AuntMinnie.com and AuntMinnieEurope.com feature the latest news, communities, continuing medical education, and board review education for medical imaging physicians, clinicians, residents, and medical students around the world. AuntMinnie.com and AuntMinnieEurope.com are part of Science and Medicine Group.