Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) February 24, 2014
Australia is one of the world’s largest producers and exporter of coal with production estimated at 476.5 million tons (Mt) in 2013, further projected to reach 635.9Mt in 2020, representative of a CAGR of 4.4%. Substantial production over the forecast period is likely due to capacity extensions and new projects. Projects such as the China First coal project, the Alpha coal project, the Wandoan project, and the South Galilee project located in the state of Queensland are some of the largest, with capacities of 40Mt, 30Mt, 22Mt and 13.6Mt respectively. The country’s abundant and high-quality coal deposits are widely distributed across all the country’s states and the Northern Territory.
Complete report available @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/coal-mining-in-australia-to-2020-market-report.html .
The report contains an overview of the Australian coal mining industry together with the its growth factors and restraints. It also provides detailed information about production, prices, production by grade, basin and mining methods, reserves, reserves by grade and regions, major producing mines, competitive landscape, major exploration and development projects, consumption, consumption by type and trade. Also included is the country’s fiscal regime, which includes governing bodies and relevant laws, rights and obligations of the mining companies, as well as key fiscal terms.
- New South Wales and Queensland dominate Australia’s black coal production, although smaller quantities of black coal originate from Western Australia, South Australia and Tasmania.
- Significant black coal deposits are located in the Bowen-Surat basin in Queensland and Sydney basin in New South Wales.
- By 2015, expansion plans at the major ports in Queensland and New South Wales will increase the total export handling capacity to 515 million tons per annum (Mtpa) from 456Mtpa in 2011.
- Australia’s proven coal reserves amounted to around 76.4billion tons (bt) at the end of 2012, representing 9% of proven global coal proven reserves.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an understanding of the Australian coal mining industry, the relevant drivers and restraining factors, historical and forecast production, consumption and trade data and the fiscal regime.
Order a Purchase Copy @http:// http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=150488 .
Browse more reports on Coal Mining Market @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/energy-power/mining/coal-mining .
RnRMarketResearch.com is an online database of market research reports offer in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.