Bloomington, Ind. (PRWEB) May 22, 2014
Author Solutions, LLC, a Penguin Random House company and the world leader in supported self-publishing services, announced Thursday that four titles have received 2014 National Indie Excellence Book Awards (NIEA). Archway Publishing’s “Enter Miss Thang,” Hollywood talent representative Brian Edwards’ inspiring autobiography led the way taking top honors in two categories.
Author Solutions titles received awards in the following categories:
- Autobiography: “Enter Miss Thang,” by Brian Edwards, (Archway Publishing – ISBN: 978-1480801714).
- Gay, Lesbian & Transgender: “Enter Miss Thang,” by Brian Edwards.
- Faction: “Dagger in the Cup,” by JB Hamilton Queen, (iUniverse – ISBN: 978-1491723180).
- Death & Dying: “When the Wind Chimes Chime: Ending the Greatest Fear of All,” by Donna Corso, (Xlibris – ISBN: 978-1479779574).
- Social Media: “The Digital Turn: How the Internet Transforms Our Existence,” by Wim Westera, (AuthorHouse – ISBN: 978-1477250327).
Additionally, six Author Solutions titles were recognized as finalists:
- Book Cover Design – Non-Fiction: “Enter Miss Thang,” by Brian Edwards
- Business Entrepreneurship & Small Business: “Train Your Brain: How to Build a Million Dollar Business in Record Time,” by Dana Wilde, (Balboa Press – ISBN: 978-1452571560).
- Juvenile Inspiration: “Golden Voyages,” by Elizabeth Spanton w/Laren Bright, (Balboa Press – ISBN: 978-1452572130).
- Juvenile Fiction: “Laurel Hill: New Beginnings, Book 1,” by Erin Mackey, (Inspiring Voices – ISBN: 978-1462407781).
- Historical Fiction: “A Daughter’s Inheritance: A Novel,” by Geraldine Boyce, (iUniverse – ISBN: 978-1462070923).
- Poetry: “Paper Bones,” by Sherry Rentschler, (AuthorHouse – ISBN: 978-1481766869).
Awarded since 2007, the NIEA competition “is judged by independent experts from all aspects of the indie book industry, including publishers, writers, editors, book cover designers and professional copywriters.” Winners and finalists are determined based on “overall excellence of presentation in addition to the writing.”
For more information about Author Solutions’ supported self-publishing services, please visit authorsolutions.com. Follow @authorsolutions on Twitter and “Like” us at facebook.com/AuthorSolutions for the latest supported self-publishing news.
About Author Solutions, LLC:
Author Solutions, LLC, is a Penguin Random House company and the world leader in providing supported self-publishing services. Author Solutions’ leading self-publishing imprints—AuthorHouse, iUniverse, Palibrio, Trafford Publishing and Xlibris—have helped nearly 180,000 authors self-publish, promote and bring to market more than 225,000 new titles. Through strategic alliances with leading trade publishers, Author Solutions is making it possible to develop new literary talent efficiently and provide authors with a platform for bringing their books to market. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, Author Solutions’ global reach includes imprints developed specifically for authors in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Singapore and India. For more information, please visit authorsolutions.com. Follow @authorsolutions on Twitter and “Like” us at facebook.com/AuthorSolutions for the latest self-publishing news.