AutoSock is a winter aid that maximizes friction on snow and ice-covered roads.
Oslo, Norway (PRWEB) November 25, 2013
AutoSock AS, the provider of an Alternative Traction Device (ATD) for passenger and commercial vehicles, today announced that its use is now approved in 45 U.S. states. Included are states where chain requirements are in effect and others where formal approval is not required as long as the ATD does not cause damage to the road surface. AutoSock is currently in the process of obtaining approval in the remaining U.S. states.
“AutoSock is a winter aid that maximizes friction on snow and ice-covered roads,” said Bernt J. Rosli, CEO of AutoSock Operations AS. “Compared to traditional chains, it is much safer and easier for drivers to put on a vehicle, weighs less and provides comparable performance. Over two million pairs of AutoSock are now in use worldwide.”
AutoSock is a patented textile cover that uses high-performance fibers to maximize friction on snow and ice covered roads. The ATD features a specially designed surface pattern that makes the total contact area exposed to dry friction as large as possible. In testing on trucks, AutoSock has exhibited better traction than tire chains. AutoSock is compatible with ABS and traction control systems.
Designed for vehicles or combinations over 10,000 lbs GVWR with five or fewer axles, including Class 3-8 medium- and heavy-duty trucks with tire sizes from 17 inches to wide base singles, AutoSock features and benefits include:
- Quick and easy installation in less than five minutes per wheel minimizes a driver’s exposure to weather and traffic and increases available Hours of Service under new regulations
- At about 10 lbs each, provides a weight savings compared to an 80-lb set of traditional chains
- Easy to store inside a cab or tool compartment, minimizing damage risk
- Almost no noise emissions or vibration while driving, enhancing driver comfort
- Does not damage road surfaces, unlike metal chains, because its material is softer than concrete and asphalt
About AutoSock AS
AutoSock AS is a Norwegian research-based company founded in 1998. In 2001 AutoSock was approved by TÜV, which is regarded as a world-leading test and certification association, and is now approved globally in various jurisdictions and by several truck and car manufacturers. Through 2012, over two million pairs of AutoSock were in use worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.autosock.com.