One of the major benefits of the cloud is simplifying IT operations to focus more on the needs of business users.
Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) August 25, 2015
AvePoint, the established leader in enabling enterprise collaboration across platforms and devices, today announced the general availability of the latest release of AvePoint Online Services. AvePoint Online Services is the industry’s first and only 100 percent Microsoft Azure-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform for Office 365, which makes the transition to Office 365 and Microsoft Azure easier, quicker, and smarter, and is trusted by more than 3 million users worldwide.
With updates to the entire AvePoint Online Services platform as well as new features for DocAve Governance Automation Online, AvePoint removes on-boarding roadblocks, transforms business processes, and helps you gain control of an organization’s data by offering Office 365 administration, compliance, data governance, and file share presentation solutions.
Improved Ease-of-Use through Azure Technologies
Through integration with Azure Active Directory (AD) and SQL Azure Database, AvePoint Online Services now offers simplified platform access and scalability. New features include:
- Single Sign On: Users can now sign in to AvePoint Online Services using their Office 365 login credentials – with identities managed through Azure AD – for simplified and secure access with Multifactor Authentication (MFA) and geo-fencing capabilities.
- Scale Storage for Office 365 Reporting: As organizations utilize AvePoint Online Services for SharePoint Online auditing and reporting, new SQL Azure Database support allows easy implementation of additional cloud storage to extend reporting capacity according to business needs.
Seamless Service Requests and Enhanced Insights for Simplified Governance
Utilizing Office 365 add-ins to integrate service requests and critical site information directly within the SharePoint Online interface, DocAve Governance Automation Online gives business users easy access to IT resources while ensuring governance policies are met. New features include:
- Access Site Information and Make Service Requests: Through the Site Information Card add-in, users can gain insight into site ownership, purpose, and associated metadata while making requests for provisioning, moving content, as well as lifecycle and permissions management directly within the SharePoint Online interface.
- Easily Track Service Requests: Through the DocAve Governance Automation Online add-in, users can track the status of open tasks and submitted requests from within SharePoint Online.
- Deploy Sites with Custom Templates to the Cloud: By integrating DocAve Governance Automation Online with DocAve Online Deployment Manager, administrators can enable users to request provisioned sites with custom templates based on specific business needs to be automatically deployed to Office 365 environments.
“One of the major benefits of the cloud is simplifying IT operations to focus more on the needs of business users,” said George Petrou, Chief Technical Officer, AvePoint. “With the latest release of AvePoint Online Services, administrators can easily access and scale the tools they need for Office 365 management while boosting user productivity and ensuring organizational governance policies are met through automated service requests and insights available within the SharePoint Online interface.”
To further align AvePoint with Microsoft Azure datacenters globally, AvePoint Online Services was recently integrated with Microsoft Azure Government. With this integration, AvePoint Public Sector joined Microsoft’s government community cloud platform for U.S. state, local, and federal government agencies, which presents best-in-class partner services such as compute resources, storage, data, networking, and applications – all hosted in Microsoft datacenters located within the U.S. and managed by cleared U.S. personnel.
The latest release of AvePoint Online Services is generally available today, August 18, 2015. For more information on the platform and product features, please visit our website.
AvePoint is the established leader in enabling enterprise collaboration across platforms and devices. Focusing on helping enterprises in their digitization journey to enable their information workers to collaborate with confidence, AvePoint is first to market with a unique solution that centralizes access and control of information assets residing in disparate collaboration and document management systems on-premises and in the cloud. AvePoint solutions and services aim to bring together business, IT, as well as compliance and risk officers to serve key business objectives such as big data, cloud integration, compliance, enterprise content management, and mobile data access monitoring.
Founded in 2001 and based out of Jersey City, NJ, AvePoint serves over 14,000 organizations and 3 million Office 365 users in five continents across all industry sectors, with focused practices in the energy and utilities; financial services; healthcare and pharmaceuticals; and public sector industries. AvePoint is a Microsoft Global ISV Partner, Gold Certified Collaboration and Content Partner, Gold Certified Cloud Platform Partner, winner of the Microsoft Partner of the Year Award for Collaboration and Content in 2015 and Public Safety and National Security in 2014, as well as a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships. AvePoint is privately held and backed by Goldman Sachs and Summit Partners.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.