The new management, governance, and compliance features in DocAve 6 SP 5 allow our customers to better enable collaboration across their entire SharePoint environment.
Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) February 10, 2015
AvePoint, the established leader in enabling enterprise collaboration across platforms and devices, today announced the general availability of DocAve 6 Service Pack (SP) 5. With this release, organizations will have access to new end-user, governance, and compliance reporting capabilities; content archiving and deployment management support for Microsoft Office 365 and hybrid environments; and enhanced data protection for virtual machine backups.
As a fully integrated platform, DocAve enables centralized or delegated management of SharePoint farms hosted on premises, or in private and public clouds such as Office 365 and Microsoft Azure. DocAve enables organizations to increase business productivity, reduce total cost of ownership, provide IT assurance, and enable security and compliance for business content.
New features available in DocAve 6 SP 5 include:
- End-User Reporting: DocAve Report Center includes new end-user reporting web parts, allowing easy access to information such as site traffic, search usage, active users, checked-out documents, and top documents in order to help business users make more informed decisions.
- Compliance and Governance Reporting: Usage Pattern Alerting for DocAve Report Center provides SharePoint administrators as well as security and compliance officers with new reports to quickly identify suspicious user activity in order to take actions that can help reduce the potential of data breaches.
- Office 365 Support for Records Management: DocAve Archiver now offers customized records management solutions for both on-premises and SharePoint Online deployments – including new features to retain a document’s original content types and metadata properties upon moving to Record Center sites as well as the ability for administrators to set automated conflict resolution rules when archiving content.
- Content Archiving Approval: Archiver Approval Center allows administrators to generate reports that empower end-users to review content before archiving takes place, allowing those closest to the content to determine whether or not it should be archived.
- Office 365 Support for Deployment Management: DocAve Deployment Manager now supports Office 365 as well as hybrid infrastructures, enabling organizations to quickly deploy customizations and design elements such as apps between SharePoint 2013 on-premises and SharePoint Online environments.
- Virtual Machine Backups: DocAve Backup and Restore combines its best-of-breed platform backup solution with a new ability to protect virtualized elements such as web front end servers, Central Administration, and app servers.
“As organizations’ needs evolve, AvePoint continues to develop solutions that help our customers maximize the potential of their SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online deployments,” said George Petrou, Chief Technology Officer, AvePoint. “The new management, governance, and compliance features in DocAve 6 SP 5 allow our customers to better enable collaboration across their entire SharePoint environment.”
DocAve 6 SP 5 is generally available today, February 10, 2015. For more information on how DocAve 6 enables enterprise collaboration, please visit our website.
AvePoint is the established leader in enabling enterprise collaboration across platforms and devices. Focusing on helping enterprises in their digitization journey to enable their information workers to collaborate with confidence, AvePoint is first to market with a unique solution that centralizes access and control of information assets residing in disparate collaboration and document management systems on-premises and in the cloud. AvePoint solutions and services aim to bring together business, IT, as well as compliance and risk officers to serve key business objectives such as big data, cloud integration, compliance, enterprise content management, and mobile data access monitoring.
Founded in 2001 and based out of Jersey City, NJ, AvePoint serves more than 13,000 organizations in five continents across all industry sectors, with focused practices in the energy and utilities; financial services; healthcare and pharmaceuticals; and public sector industries. AvePoint is a Microsoft Global ISV Partner, Gold Certified Collaboration and Content Partner and winner of 2014 Microsoft Partner of the Year Award in Public Safety and National Security, as well as a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships. AvePoint is privately held and backed by Goldman Sachs and Summit Partners.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.