Collaborating on impact assessments can be complex. ARIS brings the actions of each role together in order to provide full practical and operational governance, risk, and compliance management.
Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) March 04, 2015
From the halls of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Global Privacy Summit 2015, AvePoint, the established leader in enabling enterprise collaboration across platforms and devices, today introduced the AvePoint Risk Intelligence System (ARIS) to allow organizations to address the complete lifecycle of risk across the enterprise.
Leveraging the templates and question banks created for the AvePoint Privacy Impact Assessment (APIA) system – used by more than 2,000 practitioners today to evaluate, assess, and report on IT system privacy implications – ARIS extends risk identification to provide meaningful action to assessments, including quantifying, lowering, and monitoring instances.
“Traditionally, risk assessment is completed by security, compliance, and privacy officers, leaving information technology professionals to carry out tasks and implement controls to mitigate these risks on an ongoing basis,” said Dana Simberkoff, Chief Compliance and Risk Officer, AvePoint. “However, collaborating on these impact assessments can be complex. ARIS brings the actions of each role together in order to provide full practical and operational governance, risk, and compliance management.”
With ARIS, organizations will be able to address the complete lifestyle of risk through the following functions:
- Assess: Based upon the organization’s industry and geography, take inventory of sensitive information to learn specific compliance best practices to put in place. Derive answers from the privacy assessments created with APIA and identify where risk may live within an organization.
- Validate: Prove how closely aligned the organization is with industry regulations and privacy impact assessments. Automatically generate reports to better understand where risk lives and quantify its impact to the business.
- Control: Learn best practices for controlling risk and create checklists to guide IT to the right solutions. Protect sensitive information with controls for security, geography, retention, and classification – reducing risk across the enterprise.
- Report: Provide executive reports on key performance indicators or key control indicators to highlight areas in the business that need to be addressed to reduce risk, or report on progress made throughout the lifecycle.
Visit AvePoint at Booth 209 for the Latest Compliance Solutions
As a Gold Sponsor of the event, AvePoint will also showcase the latest features for AvePoint Compliance Guardian – the award-winning platform for mitigating privacy, information security, and compliance risks across information gateways. Attendees can stop by Booth 209 to view a demonstration on how Compliance Guardian addresses the following data loss prevention needs:
- Data Leakage Detection: Centrally monitor the status associated with any incident and its associated risk levels to ensure critical violations are prioritized according to business needs. With trend reports and detailed historical analysis, organizations can track and manage incidents more efficiently to drive a successful risk management lifecycle.
- Data at Rest: Discover dark data wherever it lives in an IT environment through extensible APIs. Compliance Guardian data repository scans are currently available out-of-the-box for file shares, databases, Web sites, Web applications, Web-based systems, Microsoft SharePoint, cloud, and social platforms – including Microsoft Lync and Yammer.
- Data Identification: Protect regulated and sensitive data from harmful leaks or misuse with scheduled and real-time, context-aware reporting and classification. This includes Fingerprinting, Compliance Guardian’s latest check type, which allows administrators to use file patterns as test criteria in order to identify files that are identical or similar.
AvePoint-led Speaking Session at Global Privacy Summit 2015
At 10 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on Friday, March 6, 2015, Dana Simberkoff will lead the session, “Getting to Yes: Privacy & Security by Design”. Throughout this interactive presentation, Simberkoff will provide attendees with best practices for implementing effective privacy initiatives. Attendees will leave the presentation with the information necessary to make key technology decisions enabling secure information systems and environments.
For more information on AvePoint and all of its compliance offerings, please visit our website.
AvePoint is the established leader in enabling enterprise collaboration across platforms and devices. Focusing on helping enterprises in their digitization journey to enable their information workers to collaborate with confidence, AvePoint is first to market with a unique solution that centralizes access and control of information assets residing in disparate collaboration and document management systems on-premises and in the cloud. AvePoint solutions and services aim to bring together business, IT, as well as compliance and risk officers to serve key business objectives such as big data, cloud integration, compliance, enterprise content management, and mobile data access monitoring.
Founded in 2001 and based out of Jersey City, NJ, AvePoint serves more than 13,000 organizations in five continents across all industry sectors, with focused practices in the energy and utilities; financial services; healthcare and pharmaceuticals; and public sector industries. AvePoint is a Microsoft Global ISV Partner, Gold Certified Collaboration and Content Partner and winner of 2014 Microsoft Partner of the Year Award in Public Safety and National Security, as well as a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships. AvePoint is privately held and backed by Goldman Sachs and Summit Partners.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.