The MGS-400 gas detection series supports safety compliance inside of mechanical and machinery rooms, chiller plants, cold storage facilities and walk-in freezers by monitoring for dangerous refrigerant leaks.
PITTSBURGH (PRWEB) January 10, 2019
Bacharach, a leading provider of HVAC-R gas instrumentation, announces the introduction of the MGS-400 Gas Detection Series for commercial and industrial refrigerant and gas leak detection applications.
The MGS-400 gas detectors support safety compliance inside of machinery rooms, mechanical rooms, chiller plants, cold storage facilities, and walk-in freezers by monitoring for dangerous refrigerant leaks. The ability to detect refrigerant leaks and quickly initiate alarm systems help to protect personnel and achieve compliance with safety standards like ASHRAE 15, CSA-B52 and EN 378.
MGS-400 Series Refrigerant Gas Detectors are supported by a mobile app, making user interface, configuration and maintenance simple and intuitive. Reducing commissioning and installation time, the MGS-400 delivers on efficiency and cost savings while allowing for plug-and-play, pre-calibrated sensor installation and replacement in the field. Using the mobile app and plug-and-play sensors, gas detectors are installed in significantly less time, for example, 5 minutes vs 25 minutes per detector, without training. Calibration Certificates can be generated from the mobile app and sent by email or shared to cloud storage platforms.
The optional MGS-408 Gas Detection Controller supports up to eight sensor channels and enables a centralized alarm and power system. With Modbus connectivity, the controller integrates with any facility’s existing building management or automation system. The MGS-408 will also connect with Bacharach’s MGS-250 IR-based refrigerant monitor and the dual-sensor MGS-550, allowing for flexibility of individual site requirements. Power and communication connectivity from the controller to all sensors can be done with a single cable in a daisy-chain design.
Key Features of the MGS-400 system include:
Regulatory Safety Compliance
- Supports compliance for ASHRAE 15-2013, CSA-B52 and EN 378:2016
- On-board audible and visual alarms
- Alarm relay output to initiate mechanical ventilation or additional horn/strobes
- High and low alarm levels to ensure appropriate response
Reduced Installation & Maintenance
- Quick set-up using a mobile app to configure alarms and Modbus settings initiate calibration and tests
- Power and connect up to 8 points with the controller
- Plug-and-play, in-field, pre-calibrated sensors
- On-board instrument diagnostics for effective on-site service
- “Service Due” indicator and sensor exposure counter for effective pro-active maintenance programs
- Minimal training required due to simple calibration process
- Minimizes false refrigerants alarms with programmable alarm delays
- Temperature compensated measurement of natural refrigerants and halogens
- Maintains audit trail by generating field calibration certificates through the app
Primary System Components
MGS-410 Gas Detector (IP66, Digital Communications)
MGS-450 Gas Detector (IP66 or IP41, Digital and Analog Outputs)
MGS-460 Gas Detector (IP66, Digital and Analog Outputs with Remote Sensor)
MGS-408 Gas Detection Digital Controller
MGS-400 Mobile Application (Compatible with Android and iOS Devices)
For more information about product availability, visit Bacharach’s website at https://www.mybacharach.com/.
Bacharach is a provider of cleantech solutions for gas and refrigerant leak detection and identification, refrigerant tracking, combustion and emissions analysis instrumentation, and high-purity oxygen gas analysis in commercial and industrial applications. Bacharach products make the heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, refrigeration (HVAC-R), and process industries safer, cleaner, and more energy efficient, enabling customers to increase productivity, reduce costs, and protect lives and the environment.
Media Contact: Shelli Cosmides
Tel +1 724-334-5012
Please visit http://www.mybacharach.com for additional information.