Respondents to our survey who received tax refunds indicate they will use their returns to purchase equipment and inventory, hire more employees and expand their operations.
IRVINE,CALIFORNIA (PRWEB) April 13, 2016
Balboa Capital, a leading small business loan provider and equipment financing company, today announced the results of its “tax time” survey, which was conducted to gauge small business owners’ perceptions of the economy, and to find out what they intend to do with their tax refunds. The survey reveals that nearly 8 in 10 small business owners saw their revenues increase in Q1 2016. Additionally, a sizeable percentage of small business owners who received tax refunds plan to invest their returns back into their businesses. The survey was sent to more than 300,000 small business owners nationwide in April 2016.
“Small business owners had a strong first quarter and are anticipating a hike in economic growth during the first half of 2016, and this is leading to increased confidence and business investing,” said Jake Dacillo, Director of Marketing at Balboa Capital. “Respondents to our survey who received tax refunds indicate they will use their returns to purchase equipment and inventory, hire more employees and expand their operations.” Mr. Dacillo went on to comment about Balboa Capital’s successful start to 2016. “Our company is seeing a significant increase in business in each of the channels we serve, and we attribute this to business owners entering the year with stronger economic sentiment,” he adds.
Key findings of Balboa Capital’s 2016 “tax time” survey:
- 76% of small business owners reported moderate to significant revenue increases in Q1.
- 79% of small business owners expect to see growth in the US economy during the first half of 2016
- Among small business owners who completed their taxes in 2016, 14% received a refund and 56% did not receive a refund
- Small business owners who received tax refunds this year intend to use their returns for either equipment/technology acquisition, debt consolidation, expansion initiatives, and/or increased employee hiring
- 75% of small business owners used the Section 179 tax deduction to deduct the full or partial price of business equipment that was purchased and put into place in 2015
“Business owners were also surveyed on the types of financing they secured in Q1, and small business loans and equipment financing top the list," said Mr. Dacillo. Key findings of this latest survey are featured on the Balboa Capital Index, which measures the confidence and economic perceptions of small business owners in the US.
About Balboa Capital
Balboa Capital is one of the largest privately-held independent finance companies in the United States delivering access to capital, speed of processing, dependable funding, industry-leading technology and innovative marketing tools that small and medium-sized customers require to fuel their growth and success. Established in 1988, Balboa Capital markets its products through their small ticket, middle market and vendor sales channels. The company’s capabilities include equipment leasing, commercial financing, small business loans, franchise financing and equipment vendor financing. For more information, visit http://www.balboacapital.com.