We are hearing positive news from small business owners about their revenues, and in their perception of the U.S. economy
Irvine, California (PRWEB) February 02, 2016
Leading independent financing company Balboa Capital today released the results of its winter small business survey, and they indicate that a sizeable number of small business owners had a successful 2015 and think the United States economy met expectations. The survey, which was sent to a sample of SBOs in January 2016, reveals that 55% of small business owners had moderate to significant revenue increases last year, and 45% of small business owners think our nation’s economy finished the year with moderate to higher growth.
“We are hearing positive news from small business owners about their revenues, and in their perception of the U.S. economy,” said Jake Dacillo, Marketing Director at Balboa Capital. “These are great signs given the significant impact that our nation’s 28 million small businesses have on economic growth and job creation, among others.” Mr. Dacillo also commented on the effects that the stock market might have on small business owners. “Many SBOs are wondering if the recent fluctuations in the global and domestic stock markets will affect their companies. Given that the majority of small businesses are in the service industry, they are less sensitive to the effects of stock market turbulence. However, companies in sectors such as manufacturing, consumer goods, technology, and industrial goods might see increased costs for materials and imported products, to name just a few.”
Key findings of Balboa Capital’s winter survey:
- 55% of small business owners reported moderate to significant revenue increases in 2015 – an increase of 8 points (47%) from Q3 revenue reports
- 45% of small business owners think the economy had higher growth in 2015
- Small business owners are turning to alternative lenders for financing solutions that offer flexible terms and greater convenience. 32% of small business owners worked with an alternative lender in 2015 – a sizeable increase over Q3 (16%)
- Among small business owners who needed capital in 2015, the most popular options include credit lines (18%), equipment leasing (17%) and small business loans (15%)
- The primary business goals of small business owners for the start of 2016 include budget planning/goal forecasting (63%), company website updates (15%), and early preparation of business tax documents (8%)
“The combination of increased revenues and increased confidence leads to more investing by small business owners. Balboa Capital is here to empower small businesses, particularly those with limited capital and time, to obtain the fast, hassle-free funding they need to grow and succeed in 2016,” said Mr. Dacillo. The results of Balboa Capital’s winter small business survey are included in the Balboa Capital Index, which measures optimism and trends of small businesses in all U.S. markets.
About Balboa Capital
Balboa Capital is one of the largest privately-held independent finance companies in the United States delivering access to capital, speed of processing, dependable funding, industry-leading technology and innovative marketing tools that small and medium-sized customers require to fuel their growth and success. Entering its 28th year in business in 2016, Balboa Capital markets its products through their small ticket, middle market and vendor sales channels. The company’s capabilities include equipment leasing, commercial financing, small business loans, franchise financing and equipment vendor financing. For more information, visit http://www.balboacapital.com.