Islip, NY (PRWEB) June 25, 2014
With its launch this week, BattleShop introduces a new, untapped market segment that is expected to grow social scale and drive social shopping behavior that is fun for the consumer and lucrative for brands. The game (http://www.battleshop.co) is a unique hybrid between an online scavenger hunt and the online “fantasy shopping” experience -- the result is the first online Fantasy Shopping League. BattleShop calls upon fashionistas and shopaholics alike to flex their shopping muscles and social influence to make fantasy shopping their new competition of choice.
BattleShop requires players to virtually shop for a required Fashion Roster while staying within a virtual budget. The goal is to fill and lock a Closet to battle against other players’ Closets. Players progress through a series of in-game voting and social media campaigns for the chance to win weekly prizes and bragging rights. Using patent-pending software, BattleShop integrates existing trends — social commerce, social networking, casual gaming, and online personal collection and curation — to offer a game that gives power shopping a whole new meaning.
With its weekly wardrobe requirements, sharing capabilities, and search features, BattleShop extends and enhances ongoing online behaviors and at the same time, offers players a new way to discover and share what they love online. The gaming platform will guide consumer behavior and discovery through the gameplay, which offers value both to players and brand partners.
Key Features of the Game Include:
- Fashion Roster: BattleShop’s version of the fantasy sports “player lineup”; a weekly list of 30 specific items of clothing and accessories that players must virtually purchase to fill their Closets; a new Fashion Roster will be unveiled weekly
- BattleBudget: BattleShop’s version of the fantasy sports salary cap; 5,000 virtual dollars (or, BattleBucks), with which to virtually purchase the required items
- Universal Search: allows players to access virtually every retailer, brand, and designer online
- Price-Sorting Feature: allows players to (strategically) search items needed to fit within their Budget
- Social Media Integration: allows players to share individual “fashion finds” across Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook
- Trending Items (https://www.battleshop.co/viewTrends.jspx): real-time feature of the most popular items currently in BattleShop Closets; allows players to discover fashion they love
Players can create an unlimited number of Closets every week, giving players multiple opportunities to win. BattleShop will always be free to play and free to win.
BattleShop was founded in 2012 in Islip, NY. BattleShop launched its game at http://www.battleshop.co on June 21, 2014. The BattleShop game platform was created to enhance and gamify the online shopping experience, and will eventually extend to other shopping categories including: interior design, “mancaves,” bridal, and baby. Find more information about BattleShop on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/BattleShop) and Twitter @battleshopinc.