Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) October 18, 2013
Online beauty supply store NewVo Beauty recaps an article by CurlyNikki.com that details how to care for curly hair when you’ve just started a new routine in college.
According to the article published on October 14th titled “Caring for Natural Hair in College,” some hair care routines can be thrown off by college schedules or living conditions. Scheduling days for washing your hair, or learning how to share a communal bathroom, can make all the difference in hair care.
The article gives these 5 tips for girls with curly hair who are learning to live with their new college lifestyle:
- Deep Condition- Try to make an effort to deep condition as much as you can. Hot oil treatments are a great way to add hydration, and massaging them onto your scalp is also a great stress reliever. “You can also try a product like Keratin Complex,” says Sara Greenstone, a representative for NewVo Beauty. “Keratin Complex adds protein to your hair, which can make it stronger and healthier.”
- Designate a day to wash hair- Avoiding washing your hair for over a week can lead to tangles and may even cause some breakage. Make sure you designate certain days based on your schedule to wash your hair. “Managing your time to care for yourself is crucial to your health and beauty! If you have classes every day of the week, pick Saturday as your wash day and use Sunday to style your hair,” says the article.
- Braid, Plait, and Twist- These hair styling methods will make your hair more manageable. Stretching your hair makes it less likely to knot and gives you the ability to change your hair style every day.
- Style hair- Make sure to try different styles. Opt for styles that work with each other after being worn back to back. Work with braids and buns to get a different look. “If you find hair getting dry on the ends before your wash day, try natural oil to give them some moisture and bounce,” says Greenstone. “A product like argan oil is light, so it gives you the moisture you want without leaving hair greasy.”
- Living in a communal space- Learn to live with not only your schedule, but also with the schedules of your roommates. Make sure you communicate what products can and cannot be shared.
NewVo Beauty sells over 5,000 professional beauty salon products. Committed to providing quality, hard-to-find premium products and great service, NewVo Beauty offers high-demand salon merchandise at affordable prices. They’re available 24/7 to answer any queries to ensure customers have a great buying experience.