NewVo Beauty Comments on the Top Five Mistakes Made When Curling Hair and Shares How to Use Pureology to Help Prep Locks
Following an article that shares how to achieve long lasting curls, NewVo Beauty suggests products that support curly hair.
Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) November 08, 2013
Online beauty supply store NewVo Beauty recaps the mistakes that people often make when curling their hair.
According to a BellaSugar article published on November 5th titled “Are You Making One of the 5 Major Mistakes of Hair Curling?” despite the amount of products available for curling hair, it is hard to achieve curls or bouncy waves without knowing the proper techniques.
The article shares these five reasons why your curls may be falling flat:
- Lack of product: Hair product is a necessity, especially if your hair is not naturally curly. Make sure to use a product that adds volume and has a strong hold. “It is also important to use shampoo and conditioner that will work with curls and not against them,” says Sara Greenstone, a representative for online beauty supply store NewVo Beauty. “Try using a product line like Pureology. It is specifically formulated to help protect color treated hair, but it can be used on all hair types. Try the volume formula to add bounce.”
- Change the state of your hair: Style your hair when it’s wet to change the state of your hair. “To do a wet set, wash and towel-dry hair, add your chosen holding product, then create your curls either with velcro rollers, your fingers, rags, or bendy rollers,” says the article.
- Let your curl set before you drop it: Curling irons can create easy curls, but they often fall flat - especially if you have thick or long hair. After you curl a strand, pin the curl to your head to keep it tight. Once it has cooled and set, remove the pin and let the curl fall.
- Not leaving hot rollers in for the proper time: If you are looking for more than volume, make sure to leave your hot rollers in until they cool. If your hair is thicker, leave them in for an hour and not for the usually recommended 10-20 minutes.
- Heavy hair- If curls are something you are trying to achieve often, then you may have to cut your hair. Long and heavy hair can weigh down curls, so cut layers into your hair to reduce its weight. Cutting a few inches off can also help with the weight issue.
NewVo Beauty sells over 5,000 professional beauty salon products. Committed to providing quality, hard-to-find premium products and great service, NewVo Beauty offers high-demand salon merchandise at affordable prices. They’re available 24/7 to answer any queries to ensure customers have a great buying experience.