Olive oil is extracted fat from olives. Therefore, it is very nourishing, particularly for dry skin and hair.
Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) February 05, 2014
Extra virgin olive oil producer Bellucci Premium shares 5 secret olive oil beauty tips to help naturally improve skin, hair, and overall beauty appearance.
1. Stretch marks: Massage olive oil into the skin in order to prevent stretch marks. This can be particularly helpful to pregnant women. It can also be used to diminish the appearance of current stretch marks.
2. Sunburns: Rich in vitamin E, olive oil can help to heal and reverse sunburn damage.
3. Chapped lips: During this time of year, chapped lips are a huge beauty complaint. Rubbing just a little olive oil into the lips can help to hydrate and protect them against the harsh winter cold. If peeling lips are a concern, mix olive oil with sugar to make a natural lip scrub.
4. Under-eye wrinkles: A common area for wrinkles to begin is under the eyes. Reverse the clock by rubbing in a little olive oil under the eyes, then rinsing it off. Hydration is important in combating all types of wrinkles, and the super moisturizing power of olive oil is sure to help stop wrinkles in their tracks.
5. Dry or damaged hair: An olive oil hair mask is perfect for those with dry or damaged hair. These hair types require more moisture than any other hair type. Simply coat the hair with olive oil, put on a shower cap or a plastic bag over the hair to keep it out of the face, and let it sit for 20-30 minutes. Then shower, shampoo and condition as usual. For more hair health benefits, try mixing the olive oil with some avocado.
Natalie Sexenian, the marketing manager for Italian olive oil producer Bellucci Premium, says, “Olive oil is extracted fat from olives. Therefore, it is very nourishing, particularly for dry skin and hair. It is full of vitamin E and other antioxidants that help to reverse damage and maintain smooth, healthy skin and hair.”
Bellucci offers three different types of oil, including an organic option, with a mild peppery flavor and fruity undertones that will satisfy any palate. Bellucci Premium Toscano extra virgin olive oil uses olives that are grown on the beautiful landscapes of Tuscany, and maintained by 3rd and 4th generation farmers. The third type of oil Bellucci produces is the finest 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil, grown in many different regions of Italy.