Eyelash treatments in 2018 increased 32%, surpassing even eyebrow products (Nielsen)
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (PRWEB) February 18, 2020
February 19 is National Lash Day, an observance of a professional beauty service generating some eye-opening revenue. The fluttery trend is driving flattering income potential as evidenced by the following data points:
- Eyelash treatments in 2018 increased 32%, surpassing even eyebrow products (Nielsen)
- A full set of lashes typically retails for $120 to $350 (ABC News)
- 25% of eyelash professionals have worked in the industry for at least 5 years (ABC News)
- Eyelashes help build return clientele, as the average customer will visit their preferred venue every 4-6 weeks to receive services
- An ABC News video shines an eye-opening light on an industry that is growing. And just as lash extensions can distinguish and elevate a client’s style, they can amplify a cosmetologist’s income. That’s one reason Bellus Academy includes Barboleta Beauty lash extensions in its cosmetology and esthetic program.
Recognizing the revenue opportunity eye lash extensions present to cosmetologists, Bellus Academy includes two full weeks of lash training in its core cosmetology program. Recognized by Intercoiffure as North America’s top beauty academy, Bellus partnered with lash extension Borboleta Beauty to introduce basic and volume individual lash applications in student kits.
Bellus continues to lead the professional beauty industry in educational advances, instructing new students and alumni on emerging trends driving revenue opportunities. Recognizing demand for lash extensions and the recurring income potential lashes present to salons and eyelash specialists, Bellus Academy has integrated lash extension training into all of its programs.
Whether applied for a fluttering doe-like effect or to create a dramatic fringed cat eye; the appeal of lash extensions – and the career boosting opportunities of this industry - is not likely to flutter out soon. Eye lash extensions are one of the fastest growing beauty services creating significant income for beauty professionals and making professional beauty an even more attractive career path. Consider these statistics that show how the eyelash extension industry is booming:
Learn more about Bellus Academy’s eyelash extensions and receive a complimentary mini-extension on Wednesday, February 19.