Associations are focused on engaging their members and attracting new members. Marketers that are successfully leveraging marketing automation are creating customized and meaningful content to better engage their audience.
Saratoga Springs, NY (PRWEB) May 19, 2016
Informz, Inc., a leading provider of digital marketing solutions for the association and nonprofit markets, has released the results of their 2016 Association Email Marketing Benchmark Report. Key themes from the report are that overall email volume is on the rise, open rates have improved, and delivery and click rates continue to remain favorable. Marketing automation – a hot topic for association marketers – provides insight into how to achieve optimal engagement levels.
“A key trend we are seeing is the move to intelligent targeting and increased message relevancy,” said Joe Tyler, CEO of Informz. “Associations are focused on engaging their members and attracting new members. Marketers that are successfully leveraging marketing automation are creating customized and meaningful content to better engage their target audience.”
The report from Informz includes a summary of email marketing metrics collected from nearly 2 billion emails sent in 2015 by associations that used the Informz email marketing platform.
The key findings of the report include:
- The average email metrics for associations include a 98.28% delivery rate, 36% open rate and 16.14% click rate.
- 72% of email subscribers were sent 1-5 emails per month.
- Mobile usage of 41.17% surpassed desktop and web usage making mobile the most popular email client type.
- Emails containing 8 or more links represent 77% of the email sent volume.
- Audiences between 5,000-50,000 accounted for 63% of all emails sent, however the smaller the audience, the higher the open and click rates were.
- For the second consecutive year, emails sent during midday hours accounted for the largest percentage of emails sent as well as the highest click rates.
- The highest open rate of 37.38% was from emails sent at night.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday had the highest email volume with an average open rate of 35.4%.
- Friday had the highest week day open rate at 37.43%
- Subject lines with less than 40 characters have open rates that exceeded the 2015 benchmark of 36%.
- 65.7% of opened email had engagement for more than 10 seconds, which is an increase over last year’s metric of 61.9%.
- Mobile readers engage with emails longer than desktop readers with 67.1% of mobile readers spending longer than 10 seconds.
- Over 57% of emails are read on iPhones or in Outlook. iPhones are easily the most popular device, nearly doubling the next closest email client.
The full report is available at http://www.informz.com/benchmark2016
Informz is a leading provider of digital marketing solutions to the association and nonprofit industries. The Informz solution provides customers with the tools and expertise to easily and cost-effectively promote their brands, stay in touch, generate and analyze data about their markets, manage information about their members and constituents, and receive valuable feedback to refine future action. The Informz portfolio of solutions includes email marketing, marketing automation and consulting services.