Homeowners should make sure to conduct the proper research and comparisons when deciding between a security system in order to get the best possible price.
Columbus, OH (PRWEB) September 12, 2013
Many homeowners have home alarm systems that may be outdated or not as technologically advanced as they can be. Rather than installing a completely new system it’s often best to install upgrades instead. It’s even possible for homeowners to install numerous DIY home alarm system upgrades that don’t require professional installation.
The home alarm professionals at AlarmSystemReport.com, a resource for consumers researching alarm system companies, compiled a list of tips for homeowners considering adding upgrades to an existing system.
1. If smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are not present in a home, then they should be added. It’s also ideal if these features are tied to an alarm system with monitoring. The threat of fires and carbon monoxide poisoning are very serious and many homeowners aren’t protected against these threats. Most top home alarm companies provide smoke and carbon monoxide monitoring.
2. Consider adding a flooding sensor. These sensors are great for individuals who live a flood-prone area, but they can also protect against damage from floods that occurs as the result of plumbing or other issues within a home.
3. Heat and freeze sensors can be valuable to prevent damage from occurring to a home in the event of extreme temperatures. These sensors can be particularly useful if the home’s residents are out of town. Heat sensors can also detect fires, and are a valuable tool to be used in conjunction with smoke detectors.
4. A home automation system is one of the most technologically-advanced ways to monitor a home from a security standpoint. Home automation systems allow homeowners to monitor and control a variety of systems from security to home entertainment easily and remotely from a mobile device. Home automation systems can also be used to deter burglars by turning on certain things in a home from any location when no one is home. For example a homeowner can use their automation system to turn on lights and televisions while they are away to create the illusion of being home.
5. Video surveillance systems are a great addition to any home alarm system. Not only can surveillance systems be used to deter burglars, but they can also be used in homes where nannies and other service providers are present. These surveillance systems can also be connected with home automation systems in many cases, which means homeowners can monitor their homes from their mobile device.
AlarmSystemReport.com is the nation’s leading independent, third-party provider of information pertaining to the home alarm industry. In addition to reviews and comparisons of the top home alarm systems, the site also provides users with valuable alarm system coupons for top companies, including Protect America coupons.