Parents and teachers may think that they understand today’s drug landscape, but chances are they aren’t nearly as up-to-date on their terminology as they think.
(PRWEB) May 27, 2014
In its latest blog post Best Drug Rehabilitation, which offers treatment programs and believes that having family close by during a stay in rehab can make a big difference in whether or not the process is successful, is looking at common street names for popular drugs.
“Parents and teachers may think that they understand today’s drug landscape, but chances are they aren’t nearly as up-to-date on their terminology as they think,” commented Best Drug Rehabilitation’s CEO Per Wickstrom. “Hopefully, our blog will increase their awareness of what’s available out there, and encourage them to do further research.”
According to the Best Drug Rehabilitation blog post, some common street names for popular drugs include:
- Marijuana: weed, smoke, dope, reefer, green, skunk, Mary Jane, blunt, bud, grass, pot, ganja, herb, trees and sensimilla.
- Heroin: smack, skag, dope, junk, sugar, H, brown, china white and white horse.
- Cocaine: blow, snow, crack, candy, toot, rock, flake, coke, bump and C.
- Amphetamine: uppers, bennies, crosses, black beauty, LA turnarounds, hearts and truck drivers.
- Methamphetamin: crystal, fire, crank, ice, chalk, glass, speed and go fast.
- Ketamine/Ketalar SV: special K, K, cat Valium and Vitamin K.
- PHP: angel dust, peace pill, hog, boat and love boat.
- Flunitrazepam: roofies, date rape drug, forget-me pill, roofinol, rope, Mexican valium, rophies and R2.
- MDMA: ecstasy, uppers, Adam, Eve, clarity, lover’s speed and peace.
- GHB: liquid ecstasy, soap, G, grievous, Georgia home body, bodily harm, scoop, liquid X and goop.
- Psilocybin: magic mushrooms, shrooms, purple passion and little smoke.
- LSD: acid, blue heaven, blotter, microdot yellow sunshine and cubes.
- Steroids: roids, gym candy, juice and pumpers.
- Prescription painkillers: oxy, hillbilly heroin, Vike, percs and OC.
- Prescription CNS depressants: barbs, tooies and yellow jackets.
- Prescription stimulants: skippy, the smart drug and Vitamin R.
The full text of Best Drug Rehabilitation’s latest blog entitled “Common Street Names for Popular Drugs” is available at http://www.bestdrugrehabilitation.com/blog/addiction/common-street-names-for-popular-drugs/
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, at (231) 887-4590 or ahowe(at)rehabadmin(dot)com.
About Best Drug Rehabilitation
Best Drug Rehabilitation offers treatment programs, and believes that having family close by during a stay in rehab can make a big difference in whether or not the process is successful. Led by CEO Per Wickstrom, Best Drug Rehabilitation also understands that recovering from an addiction is an intense emotional and physical challenge, and as such provides clients with a comfortable and private space that is safe and free of anxiety. Ultimately, Best Drug Rehabilitation offers recovery geared to the personalized needs of each client, which is an option that makes the chance for long-term success much more likely.
Learn more at http://www.bestdrugrehabilitation.com/