Addiction recovery is a lifelong process, and one that former addicts and those who support them need to be committed to without compromise.
(PRWEB) July 31, 2014
In its latest blog post, Best Drug Rehabilitation, which offers treatment programs and believes that having family close by during a stay in rehab can make a big difference in whether or not the process is successful, is looking at 10 tips to help drug or alcohol addicts cope after rehab.
“Addiction recovery is a lifelong process, and one that former addicts and those who support them need to be committed to without compromise,” commented Best Drug Rehabilitation’s CEO Per Wickstrom.
According to Best Drug Rehabilitation, 10 tips that addicts can rely on to cope after drug or alcohol rehab include:
1. The value of a strong support network of friends and family cannot be underestimated.
2. Having healthy hobbies, interests and pursuits can be extremely beneficial.
3. Having a creative expression through art, music, dance or any other pursuit can be powerfully therapeutic.
4. Get any legitimate job – even if it’s not a dream job or close to it – to help build a positive connection to the community.
5. Have a success plan that includes measurable, realistic steps and goals is essential.
6. Know how to to deal with cravings and compulsions – since they will occur, and often in times of difficulty or stress.
7. A positive outlook and attitude often makes the difference between success or failure.
8. It’s important to focus on building health and nutrition.
9. Be vigilant about the company one keeps and avoid people and situations that can trigger old, unwanted patterns.
10. Find a way to give back to the community through work or as a volunteer.
Added Per Wickstrom: “While relapse is possible, the tips in our latest blog can help minimize that occurrence and give former addicts more than a fighting chance to stay sober.”
The full text of Best Drug Rehabilitation’s latest post entitled “10 Tips for Coping After Rehab” is available at http://www.bestdrugrehabilitation.com/blog/blog/10-tips-coping-rehab/
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, at (231) 887-4590 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Best Drug Rehabilitation
Best Drug Rehabilitation offers treatment programs, and believes that having family close by during a stay in rehab can make a big difference in whether or not the process is successful. Led by CEO Per Wickstrom, Best Drug Rehabilitation also understands that recovering from an addiction is an intense emotional and physical challenge, and as such provides clients with a comfortable and private space that is safe and free of anxiety. Ultimately, Best Drug Rehabilitation offers recovery geared to the personalized needs of each client, which is an option that makes the chance for long-term success much more likely.
Learn more at http://www.bestdrugrehabilitation.com/