Dallas, TX (PRWEB) July 22, 2013
Most residents understand the importance of using the services of home security system companies, and doing other things such as locking doors when it comes to home security, but there are a number of other valuable tips from experts in the industry that may homeowners might never think to do.
SecuritySystemReviews.com, a leading provider of information about home security systems, including security system pricing, has created a list of the most interesting security tips probably never thought of by most homeowners.
SecuritySystemReviews.com is a site that reviews home alarm companies and technology, including cellular security systems and home automation systems.
1. Hide valuables in kid’s rooms. Many people put valuables in their master bedrooms or their own dresser, but it’s best to put these items in kid’s rooms, because often thieves never look in those rooms.
2. Don’t have security system keypads located near a window where a burglar can see it. Not only can the burglar break the glass and reach in to attempt to disarm, but they can also see if the system is armed or not at the time.
3. Keep car key fobs close to the bed at night. If an intruder is heard the panic button can be easily hit which increases the likelihood of scaring the burglar into leaving the premises.
4. Pack a car for vacations discretely, and don’t leave it packed overnight. A packed car is an excellent indicator to a burglar that the home’s residents will be away for an extended period of time.
5. Store firewood away from windows, because a pile of extra wood can be used to access high level windows by a burglar.
6. If a service worker asks to use the bathroom, for example a construction worker, check any windows in the bathroom later to ensure they haven’t left them unlocked to enter the home later.
7. Only use the services of a reputable locksmith. The locksmith should also be bonded and secured.
8. When away on vacation have a neighbor not only collect mail and newspapers, but also flyers and advertisements that may be left at the front door. When these accumulate it can signal to a burglar that the homeowners are away.
9. Homeowners should use security system window decals and yard signs even if they’re not able to afford the security system costs, to deter burglars.
SecuritySystemReviews.com is the premier online provider of information about the home security industry. The site provides valuable rankings and reviews, as well as the best security system discounts for the country’s top companies.