Houston, TX (PRWEB) May 27, 2017
Hate visiting the dentist? You should go twice per year for checkups, but if you want to keep it at that, you'll need to take care of your teeth at home. Here are some dental tips to help out:
1. Brushing Teeth - Brush your teeth twice per day, preferably after meals. Keep a small toothbrush in your work desk or a locker at school for a quick brushing after lunch. Use a small brush head with soft bristles for the best care.
2. Toothpaste - Fluoridated toothpaste adds a protective layer to your teeth, which shields them from decay. Use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste when brushing.
3. Timing - Each brushing session should last at least 2-3 minutes.
4. Flossing - Gently slide floss string between teeth in a slow sawing motion. Gingerly slide the string around the roots of teeth to loosen particles of food.
5. Acidic Drinks and Foods - Citric acid found in juices and phosphoric acid in soft drinks dissolves the protective layers of teeth.
6. Sugars - Just like with acidic drinks, sugars cause decay in teeth. The bacteria that cause plaque turn sugars into acids, eroding teeth away.
7. Oral Protection - Protect your mouth from injury using mouth guards and helmets while participating in sport activities.
8. Avulsed Teeth - If a tooth is knocked out, recover it, gently rinse it with water, then place in milk and proceed to your dentist immediately.
9. Chewing and Biting - Your teeth are designed grind and tear food, but not anything else. Biting or chewing on non-food objects can cause teeth to chip or fracture.
10. Checkups - Finally, visit Naba Dental twice per year for a dental checkup to ensure your teeth are in good health.
About Naba Dental: Dr. Rubab Mirza, considered one of the best Houston Dentist is the head dentist, has over a decade of experience in the field of dentistry. She received her doctorate in Dental Surgery in 2004 from the University of Southern California. She is certified by the American Dental Association, the Texas Dental Association, and the Greater Houston Dental Society. She is also an active member of the community, helping children especially understand the importance of healthy teeth.
Naba Dental is located 1811 Bering Dr #110, Houston TX 77057. You can also call 346-571-7254 or visit us online to make an appointment.
# # #