BIG SUR, Calif. (PRWEB) July 10, 2019
Big Sur Smokehouse, a new barbecue experience in a historic red homestead along California’s iconic Highway 1, is now open. Located in the restored 1867 Post family homestead at the entrance to Ventana Big Sur, this California take on a classic barbecue joint pays homage to the hole-in-the-wall diners and roadside shacks that have long dotted the breathtaking drive on Highway 1.
Where the road bends and it smells like goodness, the little red homestead is an unassuming roadside eatery offering great food and good times. Locals and travelers can rest and recharge at wooden picnic tables, swapping stories from the road over plates of California-infused barbeque.
The Big Sur Smokehouse menu blends traditions from across the country, such as Texas-style brisket and Carolina barbecue—while adding California flair with fresh local produce. Menu highlights include:
- House-made sauces such as Coffee-Stout BBQ, Tangy N’ Sweet Pineapple Mustard BBQ, and Spiced Carolina Cider.
- Barbeque Platters, which include two sides, house-made pickles, and Hawaiian sweet rolls, plus a choice of Smoked Brisket, Smoked Chicken, Pulled Pork, Hot Links, or Smoked Nebrodini Mushrooms—all smoked over local California Oak.
- A la carte sides including Burnt End Baked Beans, Braised Collard Greens, Chili Cole Slaw, Baked Mac + Cheese, and Potato Salad.
- Apple + Cinnamon and Seasonal Berry Hand Pies for desserts.
- A signature cocktail, The Best Margarita in Big Sur, made with Altos Blanco tequila, fresh squeezed lime juice, hibiscus tea, and agave nectar.
- Draft and bottled beer; wine from regional Central Coast vineyards available by the glass, canned, or in full bottles to go; and canned cocktails from San Diego-based Cutwater Spirits.
Big Sur Smokehouse is located on Highway 1 at Coast Ridge Road and is open Wednesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. In keeping with barbecue-joint tradition, reservations are not accepted.
For more information, please visit http://www.bigsursmokehouse.com.
# # #
About Big Sur Smokehouse
Launched in July 2019 and designed by BraytonHughes Design Studios, the Big Sur Smokehouse is a classic barbecue joint with a California twist. Located on Highway 1 in the meticulously restored historic Post family homestead originally built in 1867, Big Sur Smokehouse is a nod to the roadside eateries that once dotted the historic Central California coastal route. The Big Sur Smokehouse menu features home-smoked meats and house-crafted sauces, plus salads, sandwiches and sides made from locally-sourced, farm-fresh ingredients. It’s smokehouse dining in a comfortable setting—a place for travelers to rest and recharge on their drive along the coast. http://www.bigsursmokehouse.com
Murphy O’Brien Public Relations
310.453.2539 | bigsursmokehouse(at)murphyobrien.com