BluPoint's latest VDR brings new functionality that allows users to restore system state and essential system files to a virtual machine compatible with VMware or HyperV.
ATLANTA (PRWEB) April 30, 2014
BluPointe DRS, a leader in data back-up and disaster recovery technology, today announced the addition of its virtual disaster recovery (VDR) online backup solution to the company's growing list of cutting-edge backup and recovery products. BluPoint's latest VDR brings new functionality that allows users to restore system state and essential system files to a virtual machine compatible with VMware or HyperV.
For BluPointe partners, the new VDR technology means enhanced opportunities to assist customers with choosing and maintaining disaster recovery and business continuity protocols streamlined to their needs, while accommodating file level backup and restore. Without an image file, the system state and operating system (C:/) drive, a full physical system for virtual recovery is preformed.
According to BluPointe CEO Ron Roberts, VDR functionality provides users with two options:
1. Restore system state and essential system files to local directory as VMDK (for VMWare) or VHD (for HyperV) files. *.VMDK, *.VMX and *.VHD files are created in a local directory where it can be opened with VMware Player/Workstation or HyperV.
2. Restore system state and essential system files to an ESX server compatible with the user's virtual machine.
VDR functionality also allows BluPointe partners to:
- Provide remote assistance to perform a virtual recovery at end-customer location using end-customers VMware or Hyper-V environment.
- Perform a virtual recovery within their own data center, to their own ESX server. The recovered server becomes available to the partner's clients for a short period of time.
- Perform a virtual recovery on a *.VMDK file and ship it on physical media to the customer.
- Stage a virtual recovery to an ESX server and then perform daily incremental restores to keep a near-line copy for rapid DR purposes.
- Perform regular, non-disruptive DR testing without a significant hardware or time investment.
"VDR requires a full system state backup and system disk backup to be completed successfully on version 13.5," Roberts says. "For those users who are unsure about the correct selection of system files, we recommend that the our partners or the user perform a test restore.
BluPointee's VDR is capable of recovering the following Windows Operating Systems:
Windows 8 / Windows 8.1
Windows Server 2008 / Windows 2008 R2 Windows Server 2012 / Windows 2012 R2
VDR is capable of restoring to the following targets:
VMware ESXi 4.1
VMware vSphere 5.0 / 5.5
An offline *.VMDK file which can be mounted by VMware software
An offline *.VHD file which can be mounted on Windows 7 or greater
NOTE: Currently the VDR restore of *.VHD file on Windows 8.1 is not supported (the Virtual Disaster Recovery tool is installed on Windows 8.1)
VDR to ESXi has a 15 Drive Limitation
VDR to a *.VMDK has no Drive Limitation
VDR does not support GPT Partitions
VDR does not address Physical Server or Dissimilar Hardware Recovery
VDR does not provide Failover / High Availability / Business Continuity
For more information about VDR or any BluPointe products, visit the BluPointe.com website, email sales(at)blupointe(dot)com, or call 404.252-7626.
BluPointe data protection provides companies and their customers with a complete data protection solution coupling advanced features like easy installation, powerful administration, and scalability. The result is cost/effective data protection. As part of its corporate mission, BluPointe strives to be the leading provider of Cloud based remote office/branch office backup and recovery TruBareMetal ™ software for the global marketplace.
To find out more about Blupointe channel partners, managed service providers (MSPs) and resellers, Blupointe cloud-based backup, or to become a BluPointe provider, email reseller(at)blupointe(dot)com.