Write a non-spoiler review of at least 300 words and no more than 1000 words about your interpretation and view of the novel, “The Christmas Special."
Houston, TX (PRWEB) November 04, 2014
Subterfuge Publishing is proud to announce its book review contest where participants will share cash prizes totaling $2500. A contest where anyone can enter with no discouraging entry fees. The first prize winner will win $1000 cash simply by writing a review of the novel “The Christmas Special” and posting it on the Internet. Act now because all entries must be submitted by February 15, 2015.
The rules of the Review Contest are as outlined below:
No application or entry fee is required. The Contest is open to all readers of the novel“The Christmas Special,” except where void or prohibited by law.
1. Write a non-spoiler review of at least 300 words and no more than 1000 words. The review should echo the contestant's interpretation and view of the novel, “The Christmas Special.”
2. Optional - Inclusion in the review of statements of how relevant The Christmas Special is to current world events (such as ISIL, Current Political turmoil).
3. Optional - The contestant could indicate in the review if the story could be considered social commentary.
4. Optional - If the contestant views the novel as social commentary, what issues does it speak out about?
5. Each review must include a quote from the novel, “The Christmas Special.” The quote should relate to the contestant's comments in the review.
6. Once the review is completed, it must be posted out on the Internet. It can be posted on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, Books A Million, a blog or on any site that is visible to the public.
7. After posting the review on the web, an e-mail copy of it along with the appropriate URL to the posting must be send to contest(at)subterfugepublishing(dot)com or snail mail the information to the following:
The Christmas Special Review Contest
P.O. Box 8008
Lumberton, TX 77657
8. Contestant must provide the following information:
a. Entrant must submit a copy of their posted original review
b. Name, address and phone number– to allow Subterfuge Publishing the ability to contact winners.
c. Entrant's e-mail address;
d. The URL to the posted review
e. The date the review was posted
9. Subterfuge Publishing must receive notification (including URL and copy of the review) of the posted review no later than 11:59 PM, Central Standard time, February 15, 2015. More on contest at Subterfuge Publishing
10. Each review must be solely the work of the entrant. Plagiarism will result in disqualification. Reviews must not infringe on any third party rights or intellectual property of any person, company, or organization. By submitting a review to this Contest, the entrant agrees to indemnify Subterfuge Publishing for any claim, demand, judgment, or other allegation arising from possible violation of someone’s trademark, copyright, or other legally protected interest in any way in the entrant’s review.
11. All copies of entries become the property of Subterfuge Publishing and will not be returned.
12. Employees of Subterfuge Publishing, David Hearne or members of their immediate family are not eligible for this contest
All Winners will be notified via e-mail or phone on March 11, 2015. The date of the announcement coincides with the date of the Fukushima nuclear catastrophe.
Winners are responsible to provide correct contact information under the law in order to receive any prizes. Contest winners agree to allow Subterfuge Publishing to post their names on any of its affiliated websites. The winning reviews may be posted in their entirety on any of Subterfuge Publishing’s websites with full credit given to the author. Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes.
When submitting by mail, paperclip a stamped, self-addressed postcard to the review copy. The postcard will be returned as confirmation of receiving your entry.
Please do not submit duplicate reviews.
If submitting a review electronically, an email confirmation will be sent indicating the receipt of the entry.
Judging The Christmas Special Contest
The winning applicant will be judged on both style and content. Judges will look for writing that is clear, articulate and logically organized. Winning reviews should speak to some of the complex political and social issues woven into the novel ‘The Christmas Special.’ Review submissions will be evaluated in a fair and unbiased judging process. Judges are individually selected by Subterfuge Publishing based on their demonstrated knowledge and understanding of David Hearne’ s novel “The Christmas Special.”Subterfuge Publishing checks reviews with Ithenticate plagiarism detection software.
To Learn more about the contest please visit SubterfugePublishing.co m for latest details and status.
To learn more about The Christmas Special novel, go to http://www.The-Christmas-Special.com.