BOSTON (PRWEB) June 07, 2019
The Boston CIO Leadership Association (BostonCIO) announced the winners of its 2019 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. BostonCIO recognized chief information officers in six key categories – Leadership, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Corporate and Nonprofit/ Public Sector. The Awards were presented at the Boston CIO of the Year Awards at the Westin Copley Place.
“Today’s recognition of these CIO Executives’ ability to innovate and lead their organizations is the cornerstone of the Boston CIO Leadership Association’s vision of developing transformative technology leaders who deliver business outcomes that impact their organizations, their industries and our world,” said Melissa Sawyer, Executive Director of BostonCIO. “Being selected by their peers is testament to the innovation, leadership and perseverance these individuals have mastered in earning this prestigious recognition.”
The 2019 Boston CIO of the Year ORBIE Award winners are:
- James Whalen, SVP, CIO & CTO, Boston Properties, received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- George Moore, CTO, Cengage, received the Global ORBIE, for organizations over $1 billion annual revenue & multi-national
- Charles Jarrett, SVP & CIO, Cumberland Farms, Inc., received the Large Enterprise ORBIE, for organizations over $800 million annual revenue.
- Bernie Gracy, CDO, Agero, received the Enterprise ORBIE, for organizations up to $800 million annual revenue.
- David Nuss, CIO, Cresa, received the Corporate ORBIE, for organizations up to $400 million annual revenue.
- Robert Solis, CIO, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, received the Nonprofit/Public Sector ORBIE, for government, healthcare, education and not-for-profit organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 800 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 185 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Size and scope of responsibilities
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The CIO Awards ceremony was keynoted by Jeanne Ross, Director & Principal Research Scientist of MIT Center for Information Systems Research. Nearly 600 guests attended, representing leading New England organizations and their technology partners.
The 2019 Boston CIO of the Year Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Dell Technologies, Markley, Akamai, Intellinet & Red Hat
- Gold sponsors: Insight & Pure Storage
- Silver sponsors: Slalom, Zerto, Citrix, Zscaler, Splunk, WEI & OnePath
- Bronze sponsors: NTT Data, NeuEon, Aqueduct, Workday, Eliassen, firstPRO, State Street, Huron, Accenture, DayMark Solutions, HCL, MarkLogic, Expedient, Astadia, CyrusOne, Optiv, Cognizant, Box, Apprenti & Between Pixels
- Media partner: The Boston Business Journal
About the Boston CIO Leadership Association
The Boston CIO Leadership Association (BostonCIO) is the preeminent professional association for New England chief information officers. Our membership is comprised exclusively of CIOs (or equivalent executive roles) from public and private companies, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit organizations.
BostonCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board which sets the annual program agenda for the association. Events are facilitated by a full-time Executive Director and professional staff. BostonCIO events are CIO-led and attended solely by CIO-level executives.
Achieve your leadership potential through BostonCIO: http://www.bostoncio.org.