"We wanted to spend more time on design and less time in production and were tired of settling with old tools." Eric Livingston, Creative Director at Grit Design
Detroit, MI (PRWEB) September 25, 2013
sizzlepig® is the result of years of frustration in batch image production. The small team of creatives and developers at Grit Design, Inc. decided to solve their own growing challenge of needing a lot of images in a lot of sizes for a lot of places.
They were in the midst of an eCommerce build when they finally had enough. Options like aspect ratio sizing (mostly seen as the white boxes around products), scripts and other tools didn't meet their quality or control standards and they didn't help meet the tablet, desktop and mobile size needs. Grit made sizzlepig for themselves and their own Clients. Launched in Q4 2012 as a Beta, the simple to use tool had users from 6 continents in the first weeks. The integration with Box now extends access to any person or team on the cloud platform.
Customers today can add the sizzlepig app without leaving Box, and save over 70 percent in time and production costs, significantly increasing their speed to market timing and without disruption to their workflow. The new integration benefits large and small Brands, Agencies, vendors, publishers, freelancers, bloggers, photographers, food stylists, realtors and virtually anyone who publishes photos and images. Custom views are easily and quickly created for multichannel and multiscreen display.
sizzlepig uses a visual blueprint system, allowing customers to scale, crop, edit and preview before the start of processing. Tweaks and adjustments can be made on the fly with a simple point and click, not scripts. With the sizzlepig and Box integration, creative groups, Brands, Agencies and marketing departments can share and collaborate on files and team projects from anywhere they have web access. sizzlepig eliminates the need for duplicate production work across teams and gaining extreme operational efficiencies. “We have to work with teams from various locations, and we need access to the correct files when we need them. We also need to keep pristine source files and standard file names, which haven’t always been consistent,” stated Mark Stewart, the Director of Technology at Grit Design.
Key benefits realized by individuals, teams or enterprises using sizzlepig and Box, include:
- Files are automatically saved to and pulled from a selected folder in Box from within sizzlepig. The input and output folders on Box can contain as many images and custom sizes and views as the customer needs.
- sizzlepig leverages the Box platform’s monitoring ability and receives notice when any image is added to or edited from a linked Box folder.
- New images are instantly created with the customer’s specified sizes, fine-tunes, naming convention, crops, and other custom features. This feature alone has saved over 90 percent in time and costs for some customers.
- Combining work streams and allowing all outputs to be processed from the same image file at one time has reported over 70 percent time savings.
- Additional benefits and tips are also included on the sizzlepig blog.
Although the savings and ROI are exponential, the true value lies in the creative control, retaining the integrity of the Brand and how it is represented everywhere.
New features are added regularly and each is vetted to ensure complete visual control over every output. Creative and Art directors can now apply the hundreds of hours they previously spent on monotonous production work to strategic thinking, content creation and innovation to propel their Client’s business.