Last year over 5,000 people came out to Downtown Boynton Beach to enjoy the Haunted Pirate Fest
Boynton Beach, Florida (PRWEB) August 31, 2013
This year, the Haunted Pirate Fest will be expanding its horizons on Saturday, October 26th with the first ever Mermaid Splash. To kick off Mermaid Splash, event goers will participate in a free walking parade starting at 5:00 PM at 129 E. Ocean Avenue, next to the Schoolhouse Children's Museum. Participants will travel to the Boynton Harbor Marina and then back to Ocean Avenue and get an opportunity to encounter live mermaids and much more.
Mermaid Splash takes place at 3 locations : 400 Ocean Ave., 640 Ocean Ave. (Ocean Plaza) and the Boynton Harbor Marina and includes the following activities:
- Two stages of continuous live music throughout the evening located at 4th & Ocean and 640 Ocean Ave. (Ocean Plaza)
- Local artists selling one of a kind art at 640 Ocean Ave. (Ocean Plaza) and 400 Ocean Ave.
- Incredible food options ranging from a quick bite to a full meal will be available from local restaurants in tents along Ocean Avenue.
- A craft table sponsored by Resource Depot where children can make their own pirate or mermaid.
- The Black Sparrow Pirates ship will be located at the Boynton Harbor Marina with pirate reenactments.
- Live mermaids in a tank and a Mermaid Pageant.
The Mermaid Splash is the latest addition to the CRA's signature Haunted Pirate Fest, a family-friendly maritime themed festival hosted in Downtown Boynton Beach. The Haunted Pirate Fest is free to all and will be located along E. Ocean Avenue between Seacrest Blvd. and NE 1st Street, and held from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Saturday, October 26th and Sunday, October 27th.
The Boynton Beach Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) encourages everyone attending to participate in the “pirate/mermaid, nostalgic maritime” theme to make this event Boynton Beach’s signature event of the year. Last year over 5,000 people came out to enjoy the Haunted Pirate Fest festivities. This year the CRA hopes the extended hours of Mermaid Splash will benefit the business community of East Boynton Beach.
More about Boynton Beach Community Redevelopment Agency:
The Boynton Beach CRA is committed to serving the community by guiding redevelopment activities and stimulating economic growth within its 1,650 acre district. The CRA focuses on creating a vibrant downtown core, providing affordable housing, and revitalizing neighborhoods.
For more information on the CRA programs, projects and free special events, call (561) 737-3256, or visit http://www.catchboynton.com