We at California Casualty are so proud to support these awardees and all of the amazing educators across the state of California.
San Mateo, CA (PRWEB) January 04, 2019
California Casualty congratulates the five 2019 California Teachers of the Year who were recently honored for their exceptional impact on students, schools and their communities. The annual gala was sponsored by California Casualty.
The 2019 Teachers of the Year, who represent thousands of dedicated educators across the state, are:
- Rosie Reid, Mount Diablo Unified School District
- Eric Boomer, Upper Lake Unified School District
- Kim Holtz, Manhattan Beach Unified School District
- Michael Henges, Redondo Beach Unified School District
- Angel Mejico, Corona-Norco Unified School District
Ms. Reid will also represent California in the National Teacher of the Year competition.
“These teachers are a critical piece of maintaining California’s leadership in education and we thank them for being an inspiration to us all,” said California Casualty CEO Beau Brown after attending the annual ceremony.
“This year’s California Teachers of the Year ceremony was a celebration of the wonders of education and the amazing instructors who have dedicated their lives to our children,” said AVP Lisa Almeida. “We at California Casualty are so proud to support these awardees and all of the amazing educators across the state of California.”
As the Presenting Sponsor, California Casualty’s continued support is helping to make possible these other California School Recognition Programs:
- California Distinguished Schools – honoring exemplary public schools which demonstrate significant gains in narrowing the achievement gap
- California Exemplary Districts – celebrating the achievements of districts that have implemented model practices with positive impact on student outcomes
- California Green Ribbon Schools – recognizing schools and districts for excellence in whole-school environmental sustainability
- Classified School Employee of the Year – highlighting those who symbolize the profession’s commitment to education
California Casualty is proud to join the California Department of Education, the California Teachers of the Year Foundation and California Teachers Association in honoring educators who make a difference for their students and communities. California Casualty field representatives will present awards and attend other special recognition ceremonies, enhancing the company’s 67-year commitment to educators.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, California Casualty provides auto and home insurance to educators, firefighters, law enforcement and nurses across the country. Founded in 1914, California Casualty has been led by four generations of the Brown family. To learn more about California Casualty, or to request an auto insurance quote, please visit http://www.calcas.com or call 1.800.800.9410.