LOS ANGELES, Dec. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/
Cheapquotesautoinsurance.com is a top auto insurance brokerage website, providing car insurance quotes online from trustworthy agencies all over the United States. This website offers car insurance info about different coverage types and money saving tips.
Even with the recent advancements in anti-theft and car-recovery technologies, car theft still plagues all areas of the United States. The financial losses due to car theft in 2017 were estimated at around $6 billion. The average dollar loss per theft was $7,708. Motor vehicles were stolen at a rate of 237.4 per 100,000 people in 2017. Data released by U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, shows that in 2017, 773,139 vehicles were stolen.
Car theft affects indirectly all drivers. The number of car thefts in a particular area is analyzed by insurers when determining car insurance rates. Naturally, people living in high-crime areas will pay more. Data released by the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) presents a list with top 10 cities with highest number of car thefts in 2017:
- Albuquerque, N.M. (9,989)
- Anchorage, Alaska (3,274)
- Pueblo, Colo. (1,353)
- Redding, Calif. (1,352)
- St. Joseph, Mo. (952)
- Bakersfield, Calif. (6,560)
- Modesto, Calif. (3,870)
- Stockton-Lodi, Calif. (4,575)
- Yuba City, Calif. (1,050)
- Springfield, Mo. (2,686)
The most stolen vehicles in the United States, in 2017 are: Honda Civic, Honda Accord, Ford Pickup, Chevrolet Pickup, Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima, Toyota Corolla and Dodge Pickup.
In order to prevent car theft, a car owner should:
- Install efficient alarm systems. A noisy alarm system is a strong deterrent to thieves.
- Install immobilizers. Look for kill switch systems or systems that require smart key. Furthermore, some car manufacturers have developed biometric reading systems, like fingerprint entry or touch ignition with fingerprint reading.
- Stop the engine before leaving the car. Do not let the car with engine running while unattended, even if it is for a short time.
- Avoid exposing valuables. Cars with really valuable belongings exposed suddenly become more appealing to thieves.
- Park the car in a safe area. It is recommended to park the car in well-travelled areas that are under camera surveillance and with proper public lighting.
- Install tracking systems. Consider using a tracking device that uses GPS telematics to remotely monitor a vehicle via a smartphone or personal computer. These devices are very effective in helping the police locate a stolen vehicle.
"Although the number of stolen vehicles has reduced in the recent years, car theft is still a major problem. Check our website for more car insurance info and free quotes", said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company.
Cheapquotesautoinsurance.com is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
For more information, please visit http://cheapquotesautoinsurance.com
Media Contact: Russell Rabichev, Internet Marketing Company, 8183593898, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com