Because life decisions require life support, it is our pleasure to recognize the excellence of these centers as they provide material, emotional, and spiritual support to women and men facing pregnancy decisions
Lansdowne, VA (PRWEB) October 29, 2014
Care Net, a nonprofit organization that supports the nation’s largest network of pregnancy centers, presented awards to five of its affiliated centers, and to its longest serving leaders for their exemplary work serving the women and men in their communities.
Five excellence awards were presented by Care Net, recognizing the accomplishments of centers in the following categories:
- Web Innovator Award: The selected center website is easily navigable, with an attractive and strategic design.
- Best Welcoming Environment Award: The selected center makes visitors feel comfortable by exhibiting a clean, uncluttered, and professional space, void of threatening images or slogans.
- Father Outreach Award: The selected center uses creative strategies to engage fathers in the pregnancy decision process.
- Critical Client Award: The selected center effectively serves individuals at the greatest risk for experiencing abortion, empowering the highest percentage of life-affirming pregnancy decisions in the network.
- Perseverance Award - The selected leaders served in pregnancy center ministry for more than 30 years.
The winners are as follows:
- Web Innovator Award - Selah, Steamboat Springs, CO (http://www.selahsteamboat.com): The website’s beautiful and functional design have made it a hub for responding to questions from abortion-minded women around the country and the world, connecting to Selah’s social media community, and allowing women to make appointments at the center.
- Best Welcoming Environment - Beltway 8 South Crisis Pregnancy Center, Houston, TX: At Beltway 8 South Crisis Pregnancy Center, clients find a peaceful, calming place in the midst of their storm. The Center is designed to respect clients in crisis, to encourage them during classes, and to join in their joy as they shop for their babies.
- Father Outreach Award - Gateway, Raleigh NC: The fatherhood ministry has had a huge, positive influence on the partners of the abortion-vulnerable women being served by the center and is contributing to an increase in the number of women choosing life. Fathers are offered resources and classes such as Doctor Dad® and 24/7 Dad®.
- Critical Client Award - Care Net Pregnancy Center of Central Texas, Waco, TX
- Perseverance Awards
- Melinda Gardner, Executive Director of the Apple Pregnancy care Center in Eau Claire, WI (33 years).
- Pamela Palumbo, Executive Director of the Bowie Crofton Pregnancy Clinic in Bowie, MD (32 years).
- Deborah Jones, Executive Director of the Compassion Pregnancy Center & Clinic in Monterey, CA (31 years).
Care Net selected winners from nominees within its network of 1,180 affiliated pregnancy centers and presented the awards at its 2014 National Pregnancy Center Conference.
Care Net President and CEO Roland C. Warren praised the award recipients: “Because life decisions require life support, it is our pleasure to recognize the excellence of these centers as they provide material, emotional, and spiritual support to women and men facing pregnancy decisions.”
In addition, Care Net presented its Teal Heart Award to pregnancy center leaders based on their years of service to those making pregnancy decisions in their communities.
- 20 leaders received the 5 year award.
- 13 leaders received the 10 year award.
- 2 leaders received the 15 year award.
- 8 leaders received the 20 year award.
- 2 leaders received the 25 year award.
A full list of the award recipients follows.
Care Net Vice President of Center Services and Client Care Cynthia Hopkins said, “Thanks to the dedication of these leaders, tens of thousands of women and men have been empowered to make life-affirming pregnancy decisions and supported in their choice.”
Care Net will present next year’s awards at its National Pregnancy Center Conference, taking place in San Diego, CA from September 9 – 12, 2015.
LIST OF 2014 TEAL HEART AWARD RECIPIENTS:
5 Years of Service
- Anna Gianeskis, Pregnancy Care Center of Rincon
- Rebecca L. Hatch, PCC Wichita, Inc.
- Tracy Johanson, Informed Choices
- Michelle Kelly, Valley Pregnancy Center
- Rebecca Wells, Turning Point Pregnancy Center
- Joy Gove, Pregnancy Concerns
- Debbie Chandler, Women's Care Center
- Jennifer Dobbs, Selma/ Dallas County Sav-A-Life
- Roberta Cheek, Care Net of Santa Fe Pregnancy Resource Center
- Tricia Blasdel, Relevant Pregnancy Options Center
- Heather Fisher, Pregnancy Resource Center of Mid-Michigan
- Janice Galyean, Pregnancy Care Center of MHC, Inc.
- Kathy Gibson, First Choice Pregnancy Center
- Monica Henderson, A Woman's Choice Resource Center
- Rebecca Klein, A Woman's Choice
- Marilyn Merriott, Care Net Pregnancy Resource Center of Dumas
- Caroline Rhoads, Loving Choices
- Linda Smith, Sav-A-Life Family Resource Center
- Tania Studstill, Women's Resource & Medical Clinic
- Rick Thielen, Life Choices
10 Years of Service
- Belinda Thornton, Care Net Pregnancy Center of Coastal Georgia
- Shirley Fenton, Care Net Manasota Pregnancy Center
- Shelley Lee, Fort Worth Pregnancy Center
- Nyla Martin, Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services
- Ann Morell, Rum River Life Choices Center
- Lori Amato, Lifeline Pregnancy Care Center
- Linda Barry, Care Net Pregnancy Center of Manchester
- Deborah Hooks, Pregnancy Counseling Center
- Jean Killough, Beltway 8 South Crisis Pregnancy Center
- Mary Milligan, Hope Women's Resource Clinic
- Carolyn Palmer, The Life Center of Page Valley
- Mona Parish, Care Net Pregnancy Center of Northwest Houston
- Gail Picard, Women's Center Eastern CT
15 Years of Service
- Kay Gurganus, Pregnancy Care Center
- Laurie Turnow, Women's Resource Center
20 Years of Service
- Nile Abele, Stillwater Life Services
- Jane Burton, Burleson Pregnancy Aid Center
- Dana Hobson, LifeCare Services Pregnancy Center
- Jean Martin, Shenandoah County Pregnancy Center
- Kathleen Molway, Care Net Pregnancy Center of Greater Concord
- Judy Phelps, Care Net Pregnancy Center of Kittitas County
- April Schmidt, Positive Alternatives
- Linda Trask, Care Net Pregnancy Center of the Lakes Region
25 Years of Service
- Barbara Morley, Pregnancy Counseling & Information Center
- Julie Spore, Pregnancy Resource Center
Founded in 1975, Care Net, supports the largest network of pregnancy centers in North America. Care Net envisions a culture where women and men facing pregnancy decisions are empowered by the gospel of Jesus Christ to choose life for their unborn children and abundant life for their families. Acknowledging that every human life begins at conception and is worthy of protection, Care Net offers compassion, hope, and help to anyone considering abortion by presenting them with realistic alternatives and Christ-centered support through its life-affirming network of pregnancy centers, organizations, and individuals. Learn more at care-net.org.