Tallahassee, FL (PRWEB) May 29, 2015
Ready to hit the road? Before embarking on a big road trip, it’s important for all drivers to get their vehicles ready. With handicapped vehicles, there are even more things to do to be prepared. Advanced Driving Systems (ADS) is ready to help drivers get their handicapped vans ready by offering some tips on preparing for summer road trips.
When planning for the big trip, drivers should be sure to do the following to ensure that the trip goes smoothly and they are prepared for all contingencies:
1. Before the big trip, make sure the lower door tracks are free of debris. Use a vacuum along the tracks to ensure that it is clean. If possible, get a travel vacuum to take along to keep up with any dust or dirt that might fall into the tracks.
2. Tighten the six-way power seat and ensure it is clean and clear of any debris using the vacuum to clean it as well.
3. Make sure all road trip supplies are clear of the lower door tracks and cannot fall into the pathway.
4. Check the tie downs and securements for rips. Also, make sure they are clear of debris.
5. Using a Teflon-based lubricant, spray it on the van’s ramp to make sure that it slides easily. Be sure to spray all hinges (the floor ramps have one hinge; fold down ramps have upper and lower hinges). Also, be sure to lubricate the kneeling chain and hand controls if they are in your van.
6. Let ADS help if a breakdown occurs away from home. It is important for drivers to let their NMEDA Certified Dealer know when they run into trouble on the road because the dealer keeps a detailed history of the vehicle. They can direct drivers to the best local handicapped van repair shop and communicate with the shop about the vehicle's history. This will help get drivers back on the road faster.
7. Become familiar with the handicapped van backup systems. Drivers’ local mobility dealer can help with this if drivers are unsure as to how their backup systems work. Rarely will a part fail, but knowing the backup systems that operate the sliding doors, ramp and kneeling systems will help drivers better handle the situation, should it happen.
It is important to ADS to ensure that all drivers have a safe, fun and memorable road trip. ADS will gladly help drivers check off the list above. They look forward to helping everyone prepare for their trip.
About the Company:
Advanced Driving Systems, Inc. offers a variety of services. There is no job too big or too small. From scooter repairs to full custom van conversions, Advanced Driving Systems, Inc. is a one-stop independence mobility center. They offer competitive prices and complete customer satisfaction, making them one of the largest authorized dealers in North Florida. When it comes to quality and dependability, ADS delivers. Advanced Driving Systems, Inc. stocks a variety of scooters, vans and accessories in-house. Check out their vehicle selection online.