Tallahassee, FL (PRWEB) September 26, 2014
For many with disabilities, figuring out how to afford a vehicle and the proper modifications can be daunting. Advanced Driving Systems is making it easy by now offering free estimates and financing options. They are also offering tips on how to fund mobility.
There are many funding resources available for people who need to purchase a vehicle that has custom conversions. There are manufacturer rebate programs, state grants, insurance, charitable organizations and special financing options available to help ease the cost of the purchase.
Some of these funding resources include:
- State Grants – Each state has many grants available for its residents. These grants can help finance many mobility products. This is a great option because it does not need to be repaid and can be stacked with other financial options to save even more money. However, grant money can take time to obtain and can require people to supply lots of information. Search for grants at http://www.themobilityresource.com/financing/state-grants/.
- OEM Seller Rebates – Many vehicle manufacturers offer Original Equipment Manufacturer Seller Rebates for mobility products. These rebates vary greatly depending on the vehicle manufacturer, so be sure to check out The Mobility Resource blog at http://www.themobilityresource.com/financing/oem-rebate-programs/ to keep track of what rebates are available by manufacturer.
- Veterans Administration – The VA offers fund to qualifying veterans. For more information, visit http://www.va.gov/ or call 1-202-273-7124.
- Insurance – Those looking to gain mobility should always check with their insurance company to see what options they may have available. Medicare will also pay for equipment in certain instances. Call 1-800-MEDICARE to see about qualifying.
- Banks – Many banks offer special finance programs to fund mobility vehicles, including loans with extended terms, leasing packages and no down-payment options. It may be worth a call to the bank to see what they can offer.
- Charitable Organizations and Churches – There are major opportunities available locally with non-profit charitable organizations and churches to possibly receive some funding toward mobility needs. Check with organizations such as Multiple Sclerosis Society, Elks Lodge, Easter Seals, Rotary Club, Kiwanis Club, Masons, United Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy Association, etc. Also, visit area churches to see if they have a mission’s group with funds set aside to help those in need.
There are also many national organizations that offer help. For a list of those organizations, visit Wheelchair Van & Lift Funding at http://www.braunability.com/chair-topper-wheelchair-lift/. Like grants, this funding is plentiful, but can take patience and time to acquire.
At Advanced Driving Systems, they provide the information needs to make the best decisions for mobility. Contact ADS today to see how they can help ease mobility costs.
About the Company:
Advanced Driving Systems, Inc. offers a variety of services. There is no job too big or too small. From scooter repairs to full custom van conversions, Advanced Driving Systems, Inc. is a one-stop independence mobility center. They offer competitive prices and complete customer satisfaction, making them one of the largest authorized dealers in North Florida. When it comes to quality and dependability, ADS delivers. Advanced Driving Systems, Inc. stocks a variety of scooters, vans and accessories in-house. Check out their vehicle selection at http://www.mobilitysales.com.