“We spent quite a bit of time looking into our options in helping our clients implement the new lease accounting requirements,” said Collin Hill, Managing Partner of Assurance at Cherry Bekaert. “We are excited about LeaseCrunch’s applicability to all lease types.
MILWAUKEE (PRWEB) September 24, 2018
Top-30 accounting firm Cherry Bekaert today announced the selection of LeaseCrunch as the software platform they will use to offer assistance to clients transitioning to the new lease accounting standard.
“We spent quite a bit of time looking into our options in helping our clients implement the new lease accounting requirements,” said Collin Hill, Managing Partner of Assurance at Cherry Bekaert. “We are excited about LeaseCrunch’s applicability to all lease types, including equipment and real estate, and its user-friendly dashboard.”
“We are excited to work with Cherry Bekaert, one of the largest and most respected firms in the country,” said Ane Ohm, LeaseCrunch CEO. “LeaseCrunch is the only lease accounting software made by former CPA firm auditors for CPA firm auditors – the LeaseCrunch development team is made up of CPAs, former Big 4 public accounting auditors, accounting academics and a former FASB staff member.”
For 70 years, Cherry Bekaert has provided high quality financial and management services to a diverse and successful client base and is ranked among the nation’s largest accounting firms. It is a founding member of Baker Tilly International, a network of 126 independent accounting member firms in 147 countries and more than $3 billion in global revenues.
LeaseCrunch is essentially an ‘audit in a box’ for lease accounting, reducing the time it takes clients to prepare for an audit and reduces the time it takes CPA firms to perform the audit.
“We knew that each company’s desire for their CPA’s involvement would vary significantly, from accounting outsourcing to DIY clients,” said Ohm. “To accommodate the spectrum, our single interface allows the CPA firm to either act in a bookkeeping capacity or easily invite and hand off the bookkeeping role to their clients. LeaseCrunch is designed to accommodate the needs for companies with large, complex portfolios, while still being a cost-effective solution for companies with as few as 1-5 leases, who most likely have an office lease material enough requiring full implementation.”
LeaseCrunch provides the software solution and the CPA firm provides the implementation, enhancing client relationships by providing essential features and innovative solutions through a simple interface. Tools and features that save your firm time and money including electronic audit trails, automated quantitative footnote disclosures, leasing wizards for classification and lease term, simplified policy election templates, custom reporting, journal entry exports and amortization schedules. Clients have full control of whether the firm can access their lease portfolio for implementation or audit.
LeaseCrunch key features:
- Branded for your firm -- take full advantage of the value you deliver to your clients. Feature your brand throughout the application, including your firm’s name and logo.
- Simplified policy elections -- identify required policy elections in minutes with templates for both FASB & IFRS, provide pre-selections based on expedience and include guidance that walks clients through all selections.
- Wizards to drive integrity -- wizards assist users on key variables required by auditors, including the five classification criteria and subjective decisions about early termination and renewal options.
- Automated footnote disclosures -- automated quantitative disclosures simplify the complex footnote requirements of the new lease standard.
- Comprehensive reporting -- out-of-the-box reporting gets clients going immediately. Create custom reports to meet any specific needs for your firm or your clients.
- Generate journal entries -- export engine provides customizable and error-free exports, so users can easily update ERP and other accounting systems.
For more information go to: http://www.LeaseCrunch.com
John Steven Vita Communications