The Chinese people have nearly 800 million smartphones and each is a potential contributor to live television programs. That makes China an exciting market for content creators to develop innovative productions using VCC technology and services.
PALISADES, N.Y. (PRWEB) February 20, 2019
The Video Call Center (VCC), a developer and provider of television production technology and services, announced today that it has been granted Patent #ZL 201380050976.3 in the People’s Republic of China. This significant expansion of the VCC’s patent portfolio reflects the company’s leadership in the field of video caller-based television production, which makes it possible to leverage the world’s billions of smartphones to enhance remote coverage while lowering the costs of live remotes and production
This first Chinese patent follows multiple patents already awarded to the company in the U.S. and recognizes the VCC’s unique technologies and workflows for television production, including management of multiple connections with video callers who use their own smartphones, laptops, and PCs. The patent further covers managing caller information within the production team, switching the production through automated hosting techniques, and systems for connecting, prioritizing and screening callers.
In the U.S. the VCC systems are in use nationally by Major League Baseball, Discovery/TLC, Fox Sports regional networks, and syndicated shows of Sony/TEGNA, among others. The VCC solutions enable traditional and online media companies to create compelling new, live and live-to-tape content formats that bring stars, experts, journalists, athletes, and everyday audience members to air directly from the video calling apps already on their smartphones, laptops, and tablets
Tom Wolzien, executive chairman of the VCC, said, “In this time of heightened interest in US-China trade, we are very pleased to have the value and originality of the Video Call Center’s intellectual property recognized by the Chinese Patent Office. The Chinese people have nearly 800 million smartphones and each is a potential contributor to live television programs. That makes China an exciting market for content creators to develop innovative productions using VCC technology and services.”
The expansive suite of production technologies and services from the VCC includes:
- Acquisition of callers via Internet video call using globally and regionally popular apps that allow each caller to use their own preferred device.
- Call producing, quality control, and scene optimization to ensure the best possible appearance, lighting, and connectivity for cast members and audience callers.
- Proprietary methodologies and technologies to stabilize consumer video caller applications and to keep high-quality connections open for long periods of time.
- Low-latency live monitoring to ensure that cast members see and hear each other in real-time to maintain engagement, coupled with audio processing to minimize confusion.
- Isolation of return feeds to enable contributors to see each other and react to videos.
- Broadcast-quality ISO recordings of each caller for use in post-production.
- Facilitation of communication between in-studio guests, production personnel, and remote callers for direction and management production.
- Integration with traditional control rooms, as well as fully automated and host-driven workflows for full-featured production without a control room.
- Five levels of editorial control and safety including BleepIT™ online program censor protection.
VCC clients have created a wide variety of program types including sports programming, unscripted entertainment programs, news, national syndication, comedy, and celebrity gossip. From low-cost IP remotes originating anywhere in the world to the most audience-engaged live programs, the Video Call Center is an essential part of today’s most innovative productions. The VCC has incorporated more than 6,500 live video calls into more than 700 programs, that have been broadcast live on television, cable, and the Web.
About The Video Call Center, LLC:
The VCC is a technology and production services company devoted to handling large numbers of IP Video remotes-by-smartphone and putting them on the air through patented workflow and assistive automation (US patents #8,767,031, #9,654,731, China patent #ZL 201380050976.3, and other patents pending). The VCC licenses its software and provides caller acquisition and production services. VCC has helped clients produce hundreds of programs for broadcast and the web, supporting Major League Baseball, TEGNA, Fox TV Stations, Discovery, Fox Sports Networks, and TLC. Examples of video caller television programs and complete information about the VCC are available at https://www.thevcc.tv/.