Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) December 13, 2013
Finding the perfect Christmas tree - it's an annual tradition for many Philadelphia area families.
Whether small or large, plump or skinny, getting a Christmas tree that stays fresh and safe through the Holidays requires careful selection, set up and maintenance advises the ISA Certified Arborists at Giroud Tree and Lawn.
To get the best Christmas tree as the centerpiece for holiday decorations, Giroud Tree and Lawn provides these holiday tips:
1. Select a tree that is well hydrated. Branches should bend easily and needles stay attached when tested.
2. Cut a few inches off the bottom of the trunk and put the tree in a clean bucket of warm water to encourage uptake.
3. Stand the tree away from heat sources such as space heaters, fireplaces and hot air vents.
4. Fill the tree stand with cool or lukewarm water and check daily to ensure the trunk base is submerged.
5. For safety and to save electricity, turn off the lights at night or when no one is in the room.
When the tree starts to lose needles and dry out, it can become a fire hazard. Giroud Tree and Lawn advises homeowners to take the tree outside for disposal according to the community’s waste collection practices. By following these holiday tips, Philadelphia area families will have a Christmas tree that is safe and beautiful.
About Giroud Tree and Lawn
Giroud Tree and Lawn specializes in tree service, tree removal and lawn care programs that make customers love doing business with the company since 1974. Serving Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties, the company offers professional tree and lawn evaluation, tree pruning, insect and disease control, fertilizing, tree removal, stump removal and traditional and organic lawn programs to keep lawns healthy and green . Giroud Arborists are certified by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and have the knowledge and experience required to properly diagnose, treat and maintain trees and lawn health. The company has been awarded the Angie's List Super Service Award® every year since 2005. The “Giroud Treework for Charity” program donates free tree care services to parks, historical sites and other non-profit organizations located in the Company’s service area. For more information, visit the company website at http://www.giroudtree.com or call 215-682-7704.