The Cireson Portal v2 is a direct response to customer requests, not only on the first version of the portal, but also based on many years of listening to customer requirements in the community for a Service Manager web application. Travis Wright
San Diego, CA. (PRWEB) June 25, 2014
Displaying a relentless commitment to continuous innovation in the System Center sphere, Cireson announces the official release of the Cireson Portal v2. This portal includes the Analyst Portal and Self-Service Portal – both of which operate seamlessly together and boast lightning fast HTML 5 speed along with complete browser, device, and OS freedom with no dependence on SharePoint or Silverlight. In addition, Cireson has developed a brand new Knowledge Base app, also built on HTML 5 and integrated into the Cireson Portal, that now allows for easy viewing, searching, editing, and formatting in ways that were previously impossible.
The Cireson Portal v2 includes a number of exciting features and updates. These additions are a direct result of in-depth customer and partner feedback as well as a commitment to constantly improve, expand, and enhance the capabilities of System Center Service Manager. Commenting on this release, Travis Wright, Director of Product Management reveals, “The Cireson Portal v2 is a direct response to customer requests, not only on the first version of the portal, but also based on many years of listening to customer requirements in the community for a Service Manager web application - especially the desire for complete and easy configuration control of the user experience.”
Users will be happy to see that items such as custom forms, configurable layout controls, definable tabs and sections, and even form controls with configurable attributes are now possible. In addition, service level objectives can finally be viewed in grid views and on forms. Other highlights of the v2 release include:
- Set required/not required and read only on any field
- Set custom type projection so that custom relationship types can be included on the forms using a related object picker
- Configure user properties to be shown below a user picker such as employee phone number, city, office location, etc. when a user is selected
- Multiple forms can be created for each work item class and targeted at different Active Directory groups so that users see different forms depending on their role/permissions
- Role-specific default work item forms for end users and analysts
Click here to view more details regarding Portal v2 updates.
Cireson’s new HTML Knowledge Base stands out as a cutting-edge replacement for the out-of-the-box Rich Text Format (RTF) knowledge base in SCSM. Users benefit from utilizing this faster, more customizable, and interactive solution for the following reasons:
- Knowledge can be shown in the browser instead of downloading a file and opening it in an RTF editor such as Microsoft Word or WordPad
- Knowledge can be created, edited, and managed in the browser
- Knowledge can be easily viewed on mobile devices
- New “knowledge manager” role is added to control permissions to manage the knowledge base
Click here to view more details regarding the HTML 5 Knowledge Base.
These new releases further reinforce Cireson’s mission in creating System Center apps that are built with one vision, by one team, for one user experience that translates through every product and touches every corner of the Service Manager platform. By delivering the ‘power of one’ to its customers, through the Portal and beyond, they are redefining the potential of System Center, one app at a time.
Cireson was founded on a simple, powerful idea: to be the forward thinkers on all things surrounding Microsoft System Center.
As a world-leading authority on Microsoft System Center with 100% focus on this leading IT platform, their team of experts deliver full-service System Center and Asset Management solutions. From expert-class Consulting Services and specialized Service Manager apps in the Cireson Store™, to ongoing education and community engagements, everything they do is designed to push the platform forward and deliver a System Center experience that is unparalleled.
Cireson’s headquarters are located in San Diego with ofﬁces throughout North America and the United Kingdom.