The Civicom MMRA workshop stimulated intense discussion and learning among the mobile marketing research industry’s most cutting edge professionals regarding how mobile market research blurs the lines between quantitative and qualitative research.
Greenwich, CT USA (PRWEB) July 25, 2013
Civicom Marketing Research Services hosted the opening workshop at the Market Research in the Mobile World (MRMW) North America conference on July 16th in Minneapolis. The workshop was organized by the Mobile Marketing Research Association (MMRA). Entitled “Conducting Mobile Quant Projects Successfully from A to Z,” Civicom’s workshop stimulated intense discussion and learning among the mobile marketing research industry’s most cutting edge professionals.
Mobile is About Being Constantly Connected
Nearly 30% of people are trying to take surveys on a mobile device. Respondents can choose to participate in a survey instantly. Mobile gives respondents the liberty to interact while they are on the go. Using an app or another mobile tool, such as Civicom InSitu Mobile Research, allows researchers to engage respondents in the moment of truth, which can happen any time of day.
Mobile Features that are Changing Research
The findings of the workshop uncovered that, although a successful survey still originates with question structure and design, many are enthusiastic about the value in the rich features that can be utilized on a mobile device.
- Geofencing and Geolocation enrich a study with strategic survey releases and respondent location validation.
- Device recognition allows the survey to automatically detect the type of mobile device a respondent is using and adjust the survey format for an optimized experience.
- Heat-mapping tools allow for shelving and display evaluation.
- Barcode scanning is increasingly popular for product validation and respondent-gathered inventories.
- Passive Data can be collected via apps and meta-tags to provide unique quantifiable data.
- SMS/Text Messaging gives an alternate way to both reach out to respondents and allow them to respond.
- Audio and Video enable respondents to add depth, color, and emotion to their responses.
Mobile Blurs the Lines Between Quant and Qual
Civicom Marketing Research Services, a primarily qualitative-focused research services provider, easily identified how mobile market research blurs the lines between quantitative and qualitative research. The ability to reach respondents for a survey while they are in the moment brings the opportunity to collect qualitative data in a traditionally quantitative approach. Alternatively, data collected in a mobile setting during a qualitative study can yield quantifiable results. Services like Civicom’s Text Analytics can help researchers identify the quantitative data within qualitative responses.
The interaction among the workshop participants revealed to Civicom that the mobile age of market research has finally arrived.
Market researchers can learn more about Civicom Marketing Research Services and Civicom’s mobile research solutions by calling +1-203-413-2423 or by emailing inquire(at)civi(dot)com.