Classic Journeys has noted that curated travel seems to be increasingly in demand across the travel industry, and that travelers are more frequently turning to experts to seamlessly plan and maximize their travel experiences—an interesting juxtaposition to the self-booking economy.
San Diego, California (PRWEB) September 27, 2017
Classic Journeys, the luxury active travel company, has just announced a slate of new products and tour regions, while also sharing a yearly analysis that reflects growth and trends for the tour operator and its industry going into 2018.
NEW TOUR PRODUCTS AND REGIONS
The new products and regions that are joining the Classic Journeys roster are:
- Multisport Trips: These offer active fun in amazing environments. The multisport line offers a spectrum of energetic outdoor activities from body-surfing with iguanas to glacier hiking and zip lining. They are led by expert outfitters and provide every bit of gear one would need, at no extra cost. Guests stay fueled up with unforgettable meals and re-charge every night at luxury inns and hotels.
- Japan: This offers a revealing look at Japan’s history and modern culture. Guests will explore Tokyo and learn to make sushi, take in the beauty of Hakone with views of Mt. Fuji. Visit Kyoto’s temples, partake of the tea ceremony, and experience the art of the geishas at an elegant dinner. 7 days and 6 nights.
- Iceland Family Journey: This journey is perfect for the family that loves the outdoors. Travelers will go puffin watching, soak in a geothermal lagoon, explore the wild country on Icelandic horses, and walk on glaciers and cooled lava fields. Luxury hotels include a deep-country lodge and a charming spot in the heart of Reykjavik. 6 days and 5 nights.
- Thailand/Myanmar: In northern Thailand, guests will cruise the Mekong River, cook with a professional chef, go elephant trekking and meet the Karen hill people. In neighboring Myanmar, travelers will range from Yangon to Inle Lake’s floating farms and have the chance to float over Bagan’s pagodas in a hot-air balloon. 10 days and 9 nights.
- New Zealand – North & South Island: This trip provides rare variety from Auckland to Queenstown. Guests will sail on an American’s Cup yacht and sip wine on lush Waiheke Island. They will also visit a working sheep farm and go jet-boating. The journey culminates with a glacier walk and cruise in the fjords of Doubtful Sound. 8 days and 7 nights.
An analysis of 2017 has illustrated interesting growth trends for Classic Journeys. Overall, the company has seen a 20% increase in interest in their offerings across the board, with a 13% reservation increase year over year. Classic Journeys has always been rooted in offering best-in-class luxury handcrafted travel in a variety of capacities, with proficiencies in family, cultural, walking, culinary, solo and private journeys. Experiential and active travel continues to be of strong interest to their travelers, so Classic Journeys has added the multisport tour line to include active vacations that incorporate activities like zip lining, river rafting, kayaking, and hiking.
The company’s strongest performing region YTD is the Galapagos Islands. The company pioneered the island-based trip that allows travelers to “skip the ship” and get up-close-and-personal with the wildlife and native culture for a truly immersive experience. Classic Journeys’ analysis also found that their Family Journeys in general continue to perform exceptionally well, with a specific resurgence of interest and bookings for their Morocco family program. Also strong is Italy from top to bottom of “the boot”, demonstrating that classical locations and European travel have not diminished. Other regions showing high interest and conversion rates are Chile, Costa Rica, Portugal, Cotswolds, and Norway.
Through their analysis, Classic Journeys has noted that curated travel seems to be increasingly in demand across the travel industry, and that travelers are more frequently turning to experts to seamlessly plan and maximize their travel experiences—an interesting juxtaposition to the self-booking economy that has gained popularity in the digital age. As Classic Journeys expands its offerings in 2018, it remains committed to handcrafting trips of a lifetime for its travelers. Plans are underway to add more features for active travelers seeking more authentic immersion in their vacations, and to ensure that they offer world-class boutique accommodations, memorable culinary experiences, and the most well-connected local guides.
About Classic Journeys
Classic Journeys is a luxury active travel company that offers family, cultural, walking, multi-sport, culinary, solo, and private journeys in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia and the South Pacific. Guests enjoy luxury accommodations and gourmet meals that reflect the best of each region, coupled with adventure activities, daily interactions with locals, and native guides who make countries and cultures come alive. Tours are six to 12 days long. Land-only tour prices range from $2595 to $6995 per person (with discounts for small groups and children traveling with parents). Average tour size is 10, limited to a maximum of 18 guests per departure. Full details and links to itineraries are available at http://www.ClassicJourneys.com.