Cloudify is the bridge over a sea of complexity, allowing development, production and security teams to manage their operations through one platform. With Cloudify, apps and infrastructure work better together, thereby improving developer efficiency and consistency between individuals and teams.
TEL AVIV, Israel (PRWEB) August 18, 2022
Cloudify today announced the release of version 6.4 of its open source Cloudify DevOps automation platform that bridges the gap between applications and their cloud environments. Cloudify 6.4 introduces a simple approach for enabling platform engineering teams to turn their application and infrastructure resources into a self-service environment within a matter of a few hours. Cloudify 6.4 also delivers enhanced remote execution capabilities for Day 2 operations management as well as a much simplified self-service experience for developers.
***Try Cloudify SaaS for free, or download the Cloudify open source version: https://cloudify.co/download/***
*Highlights of Cloudify 6.4*
- Intelligent continuous update workflow—Cloudify 6.4 introduces a new, intelligent workflow to manage continuous update operations. This workflow encapsulates the continuous update logic as part of the environment definition and provides a consistent interface enabling users to customize the way update operations are handled across a wide range of use cases. Cloudify 6.4 automatically detects which resources need updating—including Terraform modules, configuration inputs, in-place upgrades and governance policies—and applies updates as needed. In addition, Cloudify 6.4 automatically triggers healing and recovery of failed resources.
- Integrated tools for pre-deployment governance—Cloudify 6.4 integrates with security and syntax validation (DevSecOps) and cost estimation tools as part of the environment definition. In this way platform teams can ensure consistency and prevent violation of regulations and policies without becoming a bottleneck.
- New user interface—Cloudify 6.4 offers users a revamped experience that streamlines the process of taking an existing resource and turning it into a self-service environment.
- Out-of-the-box environments—More than 160 environments are ready to be used out of the box. These environments—all managed through a single, revamped catalog service—support a wide range of resources from all major cloud providers and include major infrastructure tools such as Terraform, Kubernetes, CloudFormation, Azure ARM, Helm, Docker, Ansible and more.
- Enhancements for Terraform—Cloudify is specifically optimized for managing Kubernetes and Terraform-based environments. One of the key enhancements in Cloudify 6.4 is the provision of a Terraform Atlantis-compatible “Pull Request Automation” experience through a revamped GitHub Actions integration and GUI-based Terraform module import utility that allows users to import their existing Terraform module from a local file or a Git repository and turn it into a self-service environment through a simple, step-by-step approach.
- Integration with ServiceNow—Cloudify 6.4 integrates natively with the ServiceNow® IT operations management (ITOM) platform, enabling platform teams and Cloud Centers of Excellence (CCoE) teams to have an end-to-end solution for planning, applying and scanning governance policies within the platform. Cloudify 6.4 closes the loop between provisioning and continuous governance by integrating ServiceNow ITOM policy management with the Cloudify action library, a remote execution that can handle a wide range of remediation actions on infrastructure resources. This integration ensures that CI/CD pipeline operations and remediation tasks remain consistent and do not conflict with one another. To learn more about Cloudify’s integration with ServiceNow, watch this joint webinar.
***For a full list of new features, updates and upgrades in Cloudify 6.4, see the release notes***
***WEBINAR: Bridging the Gap Between Applications and Their Cloud Environments***
Register for an upcoming webinar to learn about the new features in Cloudify 6.4.
“What organizations desperately need today is a platform that allows apps and infrastructure to work better together in both legacy cloud environments as well as in cloud-native environments, and that’s what Cloudify does,” said Ariel Dan, CEO of Cloudify. “Cloudify’s environment-as-a-service technology streamlines workflows and integrates the best tools across clouds throughout the application lifecycle, from developer self-service to automated Day 2 operations. Cloudify 6.4 features are focused on remote execution; this release simplifies ‘environment-as-a-service’ to the point that DevOps and IT teams can now develop and manage cloud infrastructure environments in much the same way as they create and manage applications.”
“Instead of creating platforms that are essentially bloated CMPs, as many are doing, our approach with Cloudify is different: we’re creating an integration platform that enables teams to take the best of breed approach,” explained Nati Shalom, founder and CTO of Cloudify. “Cloudify excels at handling remote execution and environment management and is equipped with out-of-the-box integration with best-in-class tools for CI/CD integration, workflow approvals, cost monitoring and management, DevSecOps, governance and automated Day 2 operations. Cloudify is the bridge over a sea of complexity, allowing development, production and security teams to manage their operations through one platform. With Cloudify, apps and infrastructure work better together, thereby improving developer efficiency and consistency between individuals and teams.”
*DevOps Scaling & Infrastructure Automation Is Made Easy with Cloudify*
Cloudify is the only solution named by Gartner as a leading solution for both infrastructure automation and scaling DevOps workflows in multi-cluster Kubernetes environments. Cloudify is set apart in the marketplace by its ability to manage multiple, complete development and production environments, rather than merely managing a part of the stack.
Founded in 2016, Cloudify is an open-source DevOps automation platform delivering an 'Environment as a Service' technology that packages infrastructure, technologies and existing automation tools into certified blueprints. Cloudify is designed to manage heterogeneous cloud environments at scale and to bridge the gap between DevOps and IT Service Management processes. Visit cloudify.co to learn more.
(1)Gartner, Market Guide for Infrastructure Automation Tools, 8 May 2020, ID G00719452
(2)Gartner, How to Scale DevOps Workflows in Multicluster Kubernetes Environments, 2 June 2022, ID G00764496
# # #