Global CMOS image sensors market volume was estimated at 1,601.8 million units in 2013, and is expected to reach 2,643.4 million units by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2014 to 2020
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) May 26, 2014
The global CMOS image sensors market is expected to reach USD 10,172 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing proliferation of smartphones, which are equipped with primary as well as secondary cameras, is expected to favorably impact industry growth. Growing demand in consumer electronics such as digital cameras is also expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
Growth in application markets, especially medical and automotive industries is expected to have a positive impact on CMOS images sensor demand over the next six years. Furthermore, decreasing prices and the development of Backside Illumination (BSI) technology is expected to enhance market penetration. Large number of benefits offered by CMOS image sensors over CCD counterparts is also expected to be a key factor for increased adoption.
The report “CMOS Image Sensors Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers and can also be purchased directly at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cmos-image-sensors-market.
Request Free Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cmos-image-sensors-market/request
Further Key findings from the study suggest:
- Global CMOS image sensors market volume was estimated at 1,601.8 million units in 2013, and is expected to reach 2,643.4 million units by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Consumer electronics is expected to remain the largest application area over the forecast period, both in terms of volume as well as revenue. It accounted for majority of the overall volume share and over half of the revenue generated in 2013. This can be attributed to increasing demand for digital cameras such as DSLRs and applications including video calling. Medical applications is expected to be the fastest growing market for CMOS sensors, at an estimated CAGR of 9.9% from 2014 to 2020. Advancements in healthcare and need for minimally invasive procedures including endoscopy are expected to contribute significantly to overall shipments over the forecast period.
- North America accounted for 35.2% of the market revenue in 2013, with replacement demand acting as the key growth factor. Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest and fastest growing application during the forecast period, at an estimated CAGR of 6.6% in terms of revenue from 2014 to 2020, mainly due to presence of first-time buyers and high demand for digital cameras.
- Companies operating in the market include Aptina Imaging, Sony Corporation, OmniVision, STMicroelectronics, Samsung Electronics and Canon Inc. among others. The industry is moderately concentrated, and industry participants employ product innovation and development order to gain market share.
Browse All Sensors & Controls Market Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/sensors-and-controls
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global CMOS image sensors market on the basis of application and region:
- CMOS Image Sensors Application Outlook (Volume, Million Units and Revenue, USD Million; 2012 – 2020)
• Consumer Electronics
• Defense & Aerospace
- CMOS Image Sensors Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Units and Revenue, USD Million; 2012 – 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Latest Reports Published by Grand View Research:
Acrylic Acid Market Analysis By Product (Acrylate Esters, Glacial Acrylic Acid) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/acrylic-acid-market)
The global market for acrylic acid is expected to reach USD 22.78 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing adoption of super absorbent polymers in emerging economies such as India, China and Brazil is expected to be a key driver for the market over the forecast period. In addition, the growing demand for high strength materials with superior thermal resistance from the surface coating market is expected to boost demand for acrylic acid over the next six years. Volatile raw material prices and strict regulatory scenario in North America and Europe are expected to be key challenges for market participants.
Stem Cells Market Analysis By Product (Adult Stem Cells, Human Embryonic Cells, Pluripotent Stem Cells), By Application (Regenerative Medicine, Drug Discovery and Development) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/stem-cells-market)
The global market for stem cells is expected to reach USD 170.15 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing prevalence of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular and liver disease, diabetes and cancer coupled with the presence of high unmet medical needs in these disease segments is expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. Moreover, increasing government support pertaining to funding R&D initiatives and the growing demand for medical tourism and stem cell banking services is expected to boost the demand for stem cells over the next six years.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519