Growing electricity demand from both commercial and residential sectors, mainly in Asia Pacific, is expected to drive the global coal fired power generation market
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) May 27, 2014
The global coal fired power generation installed capacity is expected to reach 2,072.8 GW by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Availability of coal at cheap prices mainly in coal rich Asian countries is expected to remain a key driving factor for the market. In addition, rising electricity consumption on account of growing energy need, especially from emerging markets, is also expected to have a positive impact on market demand. However, stringent regulatory outlook mainly in Europe and North America along with a definitive push for clean or sustainable energy may hinder market growth over the next six years.
Commercial applications dominated coal fired power generation demand, accounting for 55.7% of total market in 2013. In addition to being the largest application segment, commercial applications are also expected to be the fastest growing application segment, at an estimated CAGR of 3% from 2014 to 2020.
The report “Coal Fired Power Generation Market Analysis By Technology (Pulverized Coal Systems, Cyclone Furnaces), By Application (Residential, Commercial) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers and can also be purchased directly at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/Coal-Fired-Power-Generation-Industry.
Request Free Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/Coal-Fired-Power-Generation-Industry/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Pulverized coal systems dominated the technology market for coal fired power generation and accounted for over half of the total capacity installed in 2013. Global installed capacity for cyclone furnaces based coal fired power generation is expected to reach 614.7 GW in 2020, growing at a CAGR of 2.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the largest regional market and accounted for just over 55% of total installed capacity in 2013. Asia Pacific along with being the largest market is also expected to be the fastest growing market for coal fired power generation at an estimated CAGR of 3.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- Some of the leading companies operating in the global market include China Huaneng Group, China Datang Corporation, Korea Electric Power Corporation, Shenhua Group Corporation Limited, Duke Energy Corporation, National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, E.ON SE and American Electric Power Company Inc.
Browse All Power Generation & Storage Market Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/power-generation-and-storage
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the coal fired power generation market on the basis of application, technology and region:
- Global Coal Fired Power Generation Technology Outlook (Volume, Giga Watts, 2012 - 2020)
• Pulverized Coal Systems
• Cyclone Furnace
- Global Coal Fired Power Generation Application Outlook (Volume, Giga Watts, 2012 - 2020)
- Coal Fired Power Generation Regional Outlook (Volume, Giga Watts, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Ongoing Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
Latest Reports Published by Grand View Research:
Global Soy & Dairy Protein Ingredients Market By Product (Isolates, Concentrates, Hydrolysates, Casein) to Reach USD 28.90 Billion by 2020: Grand View Research, Inc (https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/Protein-Ingredients-Industry)
The global protein ingredient market revenues are expected to reach USD 28.90 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2014 to 2020. Increasing market acceptance, especially in functional foods and dietary supplements is expected to drive protein ingredient demand over the next six years. Additionally, consumer attitude towards these products has undergone a transition over the last five years.
Global Animal Feed Additives Market Analysis By Product (Antibiotics, Vitamins, Amino Acids, Acidifiers, Feed Enzymes and Antioxidants ), By Livestock (Pork, Sea Food, Poultry and Cattle) Expected to Reach USD 19.54 Billion by 2020: Grand View Research (https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/animal-feed-additives-market)
The global market for animal feed additives is expected to reach USD 19.54 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing protein demand, especially in Asia Pacific and Latin America, is expected to be a key driver for additive demand over the next six years. In addition, various disease outbreaks in livestock animals such as swine flu and foot & mouth diseases in the past decade have led to increased regulations on meat quality and safety which further has prompted the use of feed additives.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519