VERNON HILLS, Ill. (PRWEB) July 01, 2019
Throughout the past few years, there has been a move toward screen-free product lines from major toy companies that still provide children with the building blocks to grow essential skills in coding and STEM. With this, the expectation of children learning basic coding principles is skewing younger and younger.
With summer upon us, parents are opting for even less tablet time and more active play. Schools and future employers are more focused on STEM/STEAM/STREAM than ever, so it has become critical to provide children with quality educational toys that won’t add hours to their daily screen-time or incremental exposure to blue light from tablets.
Educational toy company Learning Resources has a solution that will make parents and kids alike happy with their new 100% screen-free coding toy for preschool-age children, the Coding Critters. These interactive pets for ages 4+ introduce preschoolers to the building blocks of coding principles: critical thinking, problem-solving, and other STEM skills with the help of fun playsets, storybook coding adventures, and two interactive modes.
More About the Coding Critters:
- Interactive pets – Code along with puppies Ranger & Zip, kitties Scamper & Sneaker, or dinos Rumble & Bumble
- 100% screen-free – Introduce coding skills without a smartphone or tablet
- Storybook coding – Code-along story challenges build skills through imaginative play
- Interactive playsets – Code the critters to play fetch, hide and seek, and more
- Easy to use – Coding Critters are simple enough to use right out of the box and challenging enough to grow with kids’ skills
- Play Mode – Feed, pet, and take care of new friends in this mode filled with fun sounds & motions
- Stealthy STEM – Kids build their understanding of STEM skills including sequential logic, critical thinking, and problem-solving every time they play.
- MSRP: $39.99/each
- Ages 4+
- Available on Amazon
The Coding Critters are a fantastic screen-free solution to help little minds learn through play while embracing the coding craze that is all around us.