(PRWEB UK) 10 September 2013
- iPhone valuations up 26.48 percent pre iPhone 5S / 5C announcement.
Mobile phone recycling comparison site CompareMyMobile.com has early reports of a lack of trade-in interest during the announcement day of the iPhone 5S and 5C. On the day of the announcement, prior to the actual events, CompareMyMobile.com saw huge spikes in trade in valuations of the devices predecessors, iPhone 4, 4S and 5. Today, September 10th, CompareMyMobile.com has seen 26.48 percent increase in trade-in valuations.
The 26.48 percent increase in trade-in valuations is during today, September 10th, before the actual event announcement. Below is the final data from previous iPhone release years from CompareMyMobile.com.
June 7th - Announcement increase in valuations: 141.29 percent
June 24th - Launch increase in valuations: 159.57 percent
Oct 4th - Announcement increase in valuations: 159.01 percent
*Oct 7th - Pre-Order increase in valuations: 138.06 percent
Oct 14th - Launch increase in valuations: 173.20 percent
*Decrease due to people expecting the device top be the iPhone 5 not a iPhone 4S
Sept 12th - Announcement increase in valuations: 255.29 percent
Sept 14th - Pre-Order increase in valuations: 237.74 percent
Sept 21st - Launch increase in valuations: 367.57 percent
Below is data from CompareMyMobile.com showing the UK’s trade-in split of the top 5 manufacturers. Back in February 2013, CompareMyMobile.com reported that Apple made up 50.6 percent of all the devices recycled through the website. Fresh data shows that this has decreased by almost half in the last 8 months. This is due to a lack of new iPhone releases as well as significant releases from popular manufacturers like Samsung’s Galaxy S4.
Top 5 brands being traded in - Data from 10/08/13 - 10/09/13
1. Apple is 25.6 percent of all on site trade ins
2. Samsung is 20.4 percent of all on site trade ins
3. BlackBerry is 17.2 percent of all on site trade ins
4. Nokia is 8.1 percent of all on site trade ins
5. HTC is 7.5 percent of all on site trade ins
According to the sites data, here are the top Apple devices being recycled in the last month. We can see that customers can still earn good trade-in values from comparing prices with as much as 87 GBP in price difference on the iPhone 5 16GB. By using a comparison service like CompareMyMobile.com, Brits can earn up to 237 GBP extra on selling the top 5 Apple devices.
Top 5 Apple devices being traded in - Data from 10/08/13 - 10/09/13
1. Apple iPhone 4 16GB is 7.8 percent of all on site trade ins (94 - 122 GBP *28GBP extra by comparing)
2. Apple iPhone 5 16GB is 5.6 percent of all on site trade ins (185 - 272 GBP *87GBP extra by comparing)
3. Apple iPhone 4S 16GB is 4.2 percent of all on site trade ins (132 - 185 GBP *53GBP extra by comparing)
4. Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB is 1.9 percent of all on site trade ins (21 - 46 GBP *25GBP extra by comparing)
5. Apple iPhone 4 8GB is 1.5 percent of all on site trade ins (76 - 120 GBP *44GBP extra by comparing)
Previous Apple releases have caused the values offered by recyclers to drop considerably during the announcement and release stage. When the iPhone 5 was released the average value every Apple iPhone offered by over 40 recycle stores listed on CompareMyMobile.com dropped by 40 percent in 30 days. UK consumers can avoid this by trading in sooner than later – The average recycle store will hold the quote they give once and order has been placed for 7-14 days.
Top 5 Apple devices losing value - Data from 10/08/13 - 10/09/13
1. Apple iPhone 4 16GB Lost -17.29 percent in 30 days
2. Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB Lost -10.16 percent in 30 days
3. Apple iPhone 4S 32GB Lost -8.24 percent in 30 days
4. Apple iPhone 5 16GB Lost -7.28 percent in 30 days
5. Apple iPhone 4S 16GB Lost -6.83 percent in 30 days
Founded in 2009, CompareMyMobile.com is the UK's #1 source for independent mobile phone, tablet, sat nav, laptop, iPad, iPod and games console recycling price comparison. It delivers customers confidence in making the difficult decision of where to recycle their old phone safely and for the most money. CompareMyMobile.com is 100 percent impartial, comparing prices from more than 40 recycling stores.
Please visit our website, press page or follow our RSS feed for more stories like this.