What is the Constitution Party seeking in a presidential nominee? A man or woman of courage and integrity, with a strong knowledge of America's founding principles and a strong commitment to the United States Constitution.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania (PRWEB) April 07, 2016
The Constitution Party will be holding its 2016 Presidential Nominating Convention, 13 – 16 April 2016, at the Hilton City Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The weekend’s activities begin on Wednesday with the meeting of the Executive Committee at 10:30 am, followed by the Credentials Committee at 12:30 pm and the Platform Committee at 2:00 pm. The Rules Committee will meet on Thursday at 9:00 am.
The National Chairman is Frank Fluckiger of Utah, Credentials Committee Chairman is Wayne Zimmerschied of Minnesota, Platform Committee Chairman is Randall C. Stufflebeam of Illinois, and Rules Committee Chairman is Sam Pew of Utah.
Thursday will also see the Platform and Credentials Committees meeting during the day and a special Gathering of Patriots in the evening. Program includes:
- The Funtastic Kid’s Choir
- Speaker Bryan Hyde, radio commentator from southern Utah – “America, America Awaken to Your Awful Situation”
- Speaker Scott Bradley, founder and chairman of the Constitution Commemoration Foundation – “America has a Destiny to Fulfill”
The Convention officially opens on Friday morning at 9:00 am with party business and presidential nominations, including speeches by the several candidates. A Presidential Candidate Reception will be held from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Special Music will be provided by the John Draney Family during the day and a Presidential Candidate Reception will be held from 5:00 pm -7:00 pm before returning to business to finalize the Platform discussions. Speakers for the day include:
- Bryce Hamilton, Constitution Party of Utah state chairman, “Welcome to Utah”
- Mark Herr, Center for Self-Governance, “Speaking Our Destiny”
- Richard Proctor, “Coming to Grips with the Coming Financial Crisis”
- Peter Gemma, “Will We Benefit from the GOP Implosion?”
Saturday begins at 8:00 am, with the Roll Call Vote of the States for the Presidential Nomination and Acceptance Speech. The Vice-Presidential Roll Call Vote will be in the afternoon session, which opens at 1:00. Following these two events, there will be a National Committee meeting to elect a national chairman and regional chairmen who will serve for the next four years. A Presidential Campaign Kickoff Banquet will be held from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Speakers for the day include:
- The Presidential Nominee
- The Vice-presidential Nominee
- Joyce Collins, Constitution Party of Wyoming – “The Tenth Amendment Solution”
- Douglas Slighting, Constitution Party of Utah – “How do We Convey Our Message in a Way that Converts?”
- James N. Clymer, former National Chairman and 2012 Vice-Presidential Candidate, Closing Remarks
Media are asked to check in at the registration desk and request a media information packet.
Karen Murray, National Communications Director, will be your media contact for this event. She can be reached at commsdirector(at)constitutionparty(dot)com or call 971-232-7069.
The Constitution Party was organized in 1992 as an affiliation of like-minded state parties across America. It has run a presidential candidate in each election since that time. The Constitution Party is committed to re-establishing the American Constitutional Republic according to the Actual Intent of the Founding Fathers who framed the Constitution.
The Constitution Party has run a presidential candidate in every election since 1992. 1992 –Howard Phillips and Albion Knight; 1996 –Howard Phillips and Herb Titus; 2000 –Howard Phillips and Curtis Frazier; 2004 –Michael Peroutka and Chuck Baldwin; 2008 –Chuck Baldwin and Darrell Castle; 2012 –Virgil Goode and Jim Clymer.
For more information, visit our website at: http://www.constitutionparty.com
National Office mailing address: PO Box 1782; Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17608
National Office phone: 1-800-283-8647
National Communications Office: commsdirector(at)constitutionparty(dot)com