Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) July 21, 2017
NEW Webinar: "Effective Auditing of Construction Contract Change Orders"
Date: Thursday, July 27 - 11 am CDT
Instructor: Rich Townsend
Earn: 1 CPE credit
This webinar will address methodology for effectively auditing construction contract change orders. The importance of establishing effective change order contract language will be discussed along with recommended clauses that make change order pricing auditable.
Examples of pre-approval and post-approval change order analysis techniques that resulted in significant cost avoidance or cost recovery will be discussed.
Learn how to:
1. Assist your organization in the development of a best practice construction contract that helps the Owner effectively control and audit change order costs
2. Partner with management in order to conduct timely value-added change order cost analysis resulting in meaningful cost avoidance and/or cost recovery
The construction industry has been identified as extremely vulnerable to dishonest and fraudulent activity.
Globally, political payoffs have been funded through construction projects. In North America, revelations of pay to play, intentional overcharge, and billing for work not done have been costly and embarrassing for construction project owners, particularly when cases have been mishandled. Auditors and management have important roles in discouraging and detecting construction-related fraud.
This webinar will explore construction fraud and provide practical approaches for detection and prevention. Participants will learn:
- How fraud impacts construction projects
- Dangers related to construction fraud and how to overcome them
- How to encourage vigilance to minimize fraud
- Common fraud in construction projects
- An approach to detecting fraud for management & auditors
- Why fraud goes undetected
- Insights into detecting and proving kickbacks
- Impact of gifts and entertainment